Rowled and Angered

I wanna DM in Zdoom.

I wanna DM in Zdoom.

I wanna DM in Zdoom.

I wanna DM in Zdoom.

I wanna DM in Zdoom.

I wanna DM in Zdoom.

I wanna DM in zd--

WHAT DOES IT FRIGGIN' TAKE TO DM IN ZDOOM! WHAT DOES IT GODDAM TAKE!

If you are using the win32-version of zdoom 1.22, you can "join" a person who has started an internet game.
If you know your friend's ip, tell him to start zdoom with a batch file. A batch file is a text file you make in notepad. You each will run this batch file and modify it to match settings and ip addresses.

Get connected to the internet, start ICQ, contact the other player(s).
Get your ip address, by clicking Start, Run, and type in winipcfg. Write it down. Tell your other player the address. Close winipcfg.
Start notepad and save a file called host.bat This is what you write in notepad to make it work: (Of course you may have files in different places, so change that part)

This is what it should look like in notepad:
zdoom -host 2 -deathmatch -nomonsters -dup 2

Make sure you save this file as host.bat . The one who will host the game will run this file.
To host a three-player game, change -host 2 to -host 3.
Now when you run this batch file, zdoom will launch and host a netgame and look for someone to join.
Now for the other person to join you, first tell him your ip. click start, run, and type in winipcfg in the "run" box. Click OK. Write down your ip address. We'll use the address
206.55.3.11 in the next example. To join your started game your fellow Doomer will run join.bat
This is what it should look like in notepad:
zdoom -join 206.55.3.11 -deathmatch -nomonsters -dup 2

When the other person runs this, it will join a zdoom deathmatch game at that address. It will be a deathmatch game, and no monsters in it, in episode 1 level one. It helps to have the person hosting run host.bat first, and to have the host be the one with faster connection and/or computer.

COMMAND LINE OPTIONS FOR USE WITH ZDOOM 1.22 NETGAME
These are additions to the batch file(s) you can add (every person in netgame needs to have the same options in their files) to your batch files to add different elements to the deathmatch game:

-altdeath
Informs ZDoom that you will be playing a deathmatch game and sets the dmflags cvar so that items other than invulnerability and invisibilty respawn after being picked up. Only player 1 needs to specify this.
-deathmatch
Informs ZDoom that you will be playing a deathmatch game and sets the dmflags cvar so that weapons stay behind when a player picks them up. Only player 1 needs to specify this.
-dup [#]
Causes ZDoom to transmit fewer player movement commands across the network. Valid values range from 1-9. For example, -dup 2 would cause ZDoom to send half as many movements as normal. Usually a game between modem internet connections would need at least 2.
-extratic
Causes ZDoom to send a backup copy of every movement command across the internet. This helps when you have a lot of crashes and you think you may be missing data during the game. It will work against speeding up the game, however, but may be smoother.
-nomonsters
Causes the game to have no monsters in game. Leaving it out of the command line, you have monsters.
-turbo [#100-200]
Turbo causes faster player movements during the game. A value of 100 is equal to the default player speed. Players using turbo are announced during game, and will interfere with normal messaging. Example: -turbo 150 will give the player a turbo setting of 150. It is recommended that both players use the same turbo settings.
-warp [#]
Causes Zdoom to start at the level specified after the -warp command. For example -warp 7 would cause the game to start on level 7 when started.

USING EXTERNAL WADS:
-file c:\[path to .wad] For example using -file c:\doom2\dwango5.wad would load that deathmatch wad into the game. Both people need to use the exact same wadfile, although they can have their files stored differently. For example: if player one had his file stored on d:\doomserv\wads\dwango6.wad, and the other had it at c:\doom2\wads\dwango6.wad, it would work ok as long as the command line was correct for the certain computer using it.

Above info supplied by Greensting

of course. only people with useless internet provider run with -dup 2. Like , I used it when I was playing on a 28.8

My friend downlaoded the connector program and the first time he got a time out error when trying to load it. So I figured that's because he didn't close all the apps when he was installing it. Second time he installs it (he didn't uninstall it, just reinstalled it) it says service temporarily not up or something and so I come to you, the members of the doom community, who are knowledged and wise in the lore of DOOM and all its facets. So, what do you suppose he does? Is there a way to uninstall it? I didn't see an uninstall program. Oop, he just ran it again and got this error: run time error 53, file not found

So, my brethren. Do come to my aid in my time of need! Won't you?

Too much... So many women...So little time :(

Fod, you MUST be getting old, there is NO SUCH THING as to many women ^_^

NO SUCH THING as to many women

Actually I said SO many women, not TOO many :)

I guess I'M the one getting old...