Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
cacomonkey

Constant "Of Zdoom. Expect it to go out of sync" msg w/ Skulltag

Using the recent versions of Skulltag (based on GZDoom) I frequently get this msg during the Skulltag intro sequence and most mods. What does it mean? But I thought Skulltag WAS based on zdoom? Should I be concerned about this? It just seems there's much potential incompatibility with later builds of GZDoom & its derivations and most mods. Tried playing the classic RTC-3057 with Skulltag, and weapon slots are actually broken. Is there any hack or setting that gets new versions of GZDoom working with old(er) mods?

ZDoom does not bother maintaining backward compatibility with demos, they break too easily and wanting to keep that would prevent all the subsystem overhauls and bugfixes that have taken place over the years.

Skulltag wants to use a demo map as its title map, Skulltag doesn't update the map demo to be in sync with the engine, that's Skulltag's problem. The part of the message you missed is "Warning: this demo is made with an old version".

As for RTC-3057, see here.

Gez said:

ZDoom does not bother maintaining backward compatibility with demos, they break too easily and wanting to keep that would prevent all the subsystem overhauls and bugfixes that have taken place over the years.

Skulltag wants to use a demo map as its title map, Skulltag doesn't update the map demo to be in sync with the engine, that's Skulltag's problem. The part of the message you missed is "Warning: this demo is made with an old version".

As for RTC-3057, see here.

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately, due to some type of overscan, that "Warning: this demo" part of the msg is clipped. It starts at "Of ZDoom..."

M.