Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Daz@RG

Massive John Romero interview in Retro Gamer

Apologies about the nature of this post, but I wanted to make sure that Romero fans would get to hear about it.

Just wanted to let you know that there's a fantastic 12-page interview with John Romero in the latest issue of Retro Gamer and that he also guest edits the magazine. If you're a big fan of John's work then you really don't want to miss it. The issue (76) is available now from your local WHSmiths or Barnes and Nobles and Borders (if you're in the US). You can also download it via the Retro Gamer App that's available on iPhone and iTunes. retrogamer.net

Smart money's on that this is just a "friendly" adbot. Too much commercial details to be just a casual Romero/Doom fan.

In any case, Blogs won't get you max visibility on this site, as many people don't bother with them. Doom General or News would work better.

thanks for the advice. I've sent an email to the admin, so maybe they'll put it on the front page as it's a massive new awesome piece.

possibly not I'm afraid. The iphone app is pretty cheap however. plus it may feature on sister site nowgamer.com

So you really just want free advertising for your (paid) magazine? How generous!

Romero is a pretty cool guy, if I want to know something about his work I can ask him on his forum or via e-mail.
I remember that years ago I asked him about a wad there was rumors he was making, and he replied me generously.

Mr. T said:

So you really just want free advertising for your (paid) magazine? How generous!

There's front page news about interviews and stuff in commercial magazines sometimes, so what's the difference?

Vegeta said:

Romero is a pretty cool guy

eh kills aliens and doesnt afraid of anything.

Looks interesting, if I see a dead-tree version around I might pick it up, although I'm not about to shell out for some DRM'd iTunes thing.