Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tolwyn

Guy from Italy doing Tolwyn/Klem Covers

Tolwyn, you really can be proud of yourself. The Italian is doing a fine job (especially in Mark's Anchor), but the composers' contribution to this is more significant to me. In other words, the compositions really shine. I won't mention "And blood will spill" and many others which I adore, I doesn't make sense - everyone has their own favourites and there are just so many of them! (my favourites).

As for the videos, a real drummer will add some spice, but they are fine, as I said. The way they are made is simple, yet effective. I believe guitar/bass players would be able to learn from them (although if I were one, I'd just analyze the MIDIs ). No April Fool's Jokes, I read the news submission yesterday so I'm on the safe side.

Nice! I don't particularly like the tone of some of the high treble solos (sounds too "bright" and "round" to me) but otherwise they're great.

Proud of JD, humbled that he did this at all!
Anger is one of my favorite Doom songs of ALL time. I remember first hearing it, and to me, it's epitomizes Klem's style perfectly. That's why I had to tip the cap to it in Anger's Reprise in MM2. Full circle type thing.

Anchor is also there!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0WGEok9m24&feature=related

FWIW... Mark and I are... planning... something...

....maybe. ;)

I like what I hear, I hope he does MM2 map01..one of my favorite songs in MM2.

Can't wait to hear markklem's "DLA", remastered. I really like that ear-cracking drone that plays continuously when using OPL mode.

Tolwyn said:

Proud of JD, humbled that he did this at all!
Anger is one of my favorite Doom songs of ALL time. I remember first hearing it, and to me, it's epitomizes Klem's style perfectly. That's why I had to tip the cap to it in Anger's Reprise in MM2. Full circle type thing.

Man....I love you, man! lol

markklem said:

K, gonna Give In and direct you to the new 'Give In' song.

Thanks. This is still one of the best songs for a megawad ever. Yesterday i fired up MM2, just to hear the song. One of the rare cases. where the song left in my ears for hours, if not days.

Just like Into Sandy's City, You Suck from Rise of the Triad, Aliens Say Your Prayers from DN3D and that one song from Perdition's Gate.

Oh, this is awesome stuff. Can't wait until he does some more.

Tolwyn said:

FWIW... Mark and I are... planning... something...

Can't wait for this either!

"Give In" is still one of my favorite computer/video game soundtrack songs ever, period.

Totally psyched to hear what you guys are cooking up now :D

Tolwyn said:

It's still in the oven. Baking is almost done on a demo. ;)

Colour me well intrigued. :D :D :D

valkiriforce said:

Any word on this demo thing you guys are working on? I'm rather curious as to what it could be.

Yup. First song is done. Waiting on MARK to post it here. ;)
It likely isn't what you expect.

A Shaw/Klem collab of any kind would be darn awesome. :P

"First song" implies it's an album or soundtrack project or something. :P

I have a few times. He has a toothache, so... you know.
We're old, so... I figure the aspirin has to kick in. ;)