Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
22Alpha22

Ending Level When Monsters Dead

How would I in Zdoom, cause the level to end when a group of monsters, sharing the same TID are completely eradicated? I tried using a monster special, but it ended the level when one monster of the group was killed.

Pardon my ignorance, but how would I setup the script. I map for Zdoom frequently, but don't use ACS very often. When I do, it is for simple things like changing ceiling and floor heights.

First example on ThingCount:

script 1 OPEN
 {
 	While(ThingCount(T_BARON, 10) > 0)
 		Delay(35);

Floor_LowerToLowest(15, 20);
 }
Obviously, replace Floor_LowerToLowest by Exit_Normal(0). And also obviously adapt the ThingCount parameters are needed for your maps. If, say, the monsters are varied (a group of cacos, pinkies, and imps) but have all a TID of 66, then use ThingCount(T_NONE, 66).

If all the monsters are of the same type, and there are no other monsters of that type in the map, and this is a monster type with the BOSSDEATH flag, you can also use the SpecialAction MAPINFO keyword.

Gez said:

First example on ThingCount:

script 1 OPEN
 {
 	While(ThingCount(T_BARON, 10) > 0)
 		Delay(35);

Floor_LowerToLowest(15, 20);
 }
Obviously, replace Floor_LowerToLowest by Exit_Normal(0). And also obviously adapt the ThingCount parameters are needed for your maps. If, say, the monsters are varied (a group of cacos, pinkies, and imps) but have all a TID of 66, then use ThingCount(T_NONE, 66).

If all the monsters are of the same type, and there are no other monsters of that type in the map, and this is a monster type with the BOSSDEATH flag, you can also use the SpecialAction MAPINFO keyword.

FORGET IT, lol