Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
General Rainbow Bacon

Awesome midi pack

Recommended Posts

Will check out when I get home tonight. Is it something you made? Or a compilation of random stuff youve found? What about permission etc?

Share this post


Link to post

It's a compilation of songs from some of my favorite melodic/speed/death metal bands. There's a .txt with it, but go ahead and rip it apart and do what you want with it, nothing in there is originally by me. Although I am a trained musician and have Finale so original songs may come in the future. btw, I have heard some of the tracks (the Symphony X tracks) in levels already, but decided to include them here anyway. Scythe 2 and Newgothic by ArmouredBlood have some other Symphony X tracks. Just do a google search if you want more of them, their tracks are easy to find.

Share this post


Link to post

Ehhh, I can enjoy some Slayer (their first 2 albums), but bands like CoB and Dream Theatre are pretty crap in my opinion. Too flowery and without any substance.

Share this post


Link to post

Dream Theatre and Children of Bodom, jeeeesus fucking christ :D

Maybe its for the best if I dont check it out after all. I have to think of my mental health!

Share this post


Link to post

Heheh, I kinda wish I waited for you to get home, Darkreaver.... so I didn't have to be the lab rat. :P

Speaking of Metal Midis I played a cool Heretic Wad today with a midi from Bathory "A Fine Day to Die".... wasn't the best level but I had an insanely fun time blasting my way through enemies and actually enjoying the custom music for once. The track totally suited the action! heh

The level is called Blood Fire Death and is on /idgames.

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah, I saw it! Didnt check it out though, but the name made me want to :P
A classic!

edit: I mean the song/album, hehe. I guess the wad isnt a classic yet!lol

Share this post


Link to post

That FF4/FF2 US song would do for a boss (E(1/2/3/4)M8/MAP07/MAP30/MAP32) map.

Share this post


Link to post

@DeathevokatioN: I looked for some Bathory, but couldn't find any.

@Darkreaver: There are heavier songs in the pack, CoB and Dream Theater on comprise a couple of tracks. I also may put out a pack of more death-metal/hardcore stuff too. If this one isn't your thing, wait 'til next weeks pack.

Share this post


Link to post
darkreaver said:

Yeah, I saw it! Didnt check it out though, but the name made me want to :P
A classic!

edit: I mean the song/album, hehe. I guess the wad isnt a classic yet!lol


Now that I've finished the level I can say that it's pretty good in comparison to most other Heretic wads, and I can see myself playing it again. On the one hand, the author had some good imaginative ideas and some very dramatic architecture, it also had an honest feel to it, and the map definitely does have it charm as an anonymous reviewer stated, but on the other hand the map ran VERY choppy at parts to the point were it damaged gameplay a bit for me, and it starts off pretty slow, you just have to persevere to get to the good parts! :)

Share this post


Link to post

Hey Doomhero, I suggest you watch this interview with Quorthon (who was the man behind Bathory), I think it was done sometime in the early 90's... he's definitely one of the most interesting people to ever get involved in making heavy metal, if not, the most. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7crQy2dpPc

Bathory's style changed throughout their career, started as an evil black metal band on their first three records and slowly started turning into a different kind of band with themes of viking mythology creeping into their music! I can enjoy just about every era of Bathory.

Share this post


Link to post

@DeathevokationN: I watched the interview, it's pretty interesting how different bands' music changes throughout the years. If you like viking metal, you might like some of these groups: Ensiferum (one of the midis is by them), Amon Amarth, Equilibrium (nothing in English unfortunately), Tyr, Wintersun, and Lumsk.

Share this post


Link to post
DeathevokatioN said:

Heheh, I kinda wish I waited for you to get home, Darkreaver.... so I didn't have to be the lab rat. :P

Speaking of Metal Midis I played a cool Heretic Wad today with a midi from Bathory "A Fine Day to Die".... wasn't the best level but I had an insanely fun time blasting my way through enemies and actually enjoying the custom music for once. The track totally suited the action! heh

The level is called Blood Fire Death and is on /idgames.


I didn't see it, not even in the a-c section in /levels/heretic. Link?

Share this post


Link to post
DoomHero85 said:

@DeathevokationN: I watched the interview, it's pretty interesting how different bands' music changes throughout the years. If you like viking metal, you might like some of these groups: Ensiferum (one of the midis is by them), Amon Amarth, Equilibrium (nothing in English unfortunately), Tyr, Wintersun, and Lumsk.


Not a fan of Amon Amarth or atleast the horrible newer stuff I've heard off them, the only viking bands I can enjoy (that I can think of right now) are UNLEASHED, mid era BATHORY, and early DOMINUS...! Because well... the viking theme with the bands I mentioned feels less like a gimmick and the main focus is still on writing killer songs.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×