Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scalliano

scalliano's 667 Shuffle!

Oh Wow!!!! I will continue to play through and if I find anything else I'll post it here. I have no idea how to even open up a monster for decorate editing I read through that wiki page and the other links on it that you gave me, but I don't know how to open 667 shuffle to edit the Statue the way you suggested. I downloaded Decorate Editor Sharp

scalliano said:

The Spirit Imp looks fine at this end. At the risk of showing my age, who/what is Missigno anyway?

Simply put, a Missingno looks like a glitchy mess. And the spirit imp kinda looks like a glitchy mess. Or is it really supposed to be a pillar of garbled pixels?

I'm running ZDoom 2.5.0, and the only mods I run with yours are the smoother weapons mod and my own PSX weapon sounds. With and without the smoother weapons (your mod overrides them anyway), the spirit imp still looks like a glitch. And also, some impact sprites lack transparency (i.e., their squares are still visible). It was like that with the catharsis' projectile, though I think there are others.

Baby Bonnie Hood said:

Simply put, a Missingno looks like a glitchy mess. And the spirit imp kinda looks like a glitchy mess. Or is it really supposed to be a pillar of garbled pixels?

I'm running ZDoom 2.5.0, and the only mods I run with yours are the smoother weapons mod and my own PSX weapon sounds. With and without the smoother weapons (your mod overrides them anyway), the spirit imp still looks like a glitch. And also, some impact sprites lack transparency (i.e., their squares are still visible). It was like that with the catharsis' projectile, though I think there are others.

After testing again with ZDoom 2.5.0, it would appear that this is an issue. I've tested the stock Spirit Imp from the Bestiary and it has the same problem. This would appear to be a rendering issue which unfortunately I can't do much about. All of the sprites show up fine in GZDoom, though, although I need to test GZDoom software renderer too.

@Doomguy2000: Haven't seen the Chesire Caco before. Link?

Also, the Hell Chaingunner is from Legacy Of Suffering and I had to get permission from LoganMTM to include him. I originally approached him about the quad-shotty but he said I could use whatever I wanted from it.

I kind of have some complains
1.The following weapons are duplicates (except for damage ofc):
Mancubus arm(s)-Unmaker
Bfg9000-Superbfg
Supershotgun-Superpump
Sonic railgun-Skulltag railgun
Pistol(s)-zombieman rifle
Dual uzis-minigun
Skulltag grenalde launcher-KDIZD grenade launcher
There's so many similar plasma rifles it's not even funny!

2.Plasma beam is useless,and so is chaneller plasma rifle.

3.Double bladed chainsaw seems too powerful (seriously,you can kill a baron of hell class monster without getting hit in some cases).

After consultation over on the ZDoom forums, it would appear that the graphical issues are related to ZDoom's renderer, as GZDoom in software mode shows the same issues. Not much I can do about that, unfortunately.

@killer2: There are some fundamental differences in the "similar" weapons you cited. For example, the Manc arms are slow projectile weapons whereas the Unmaker is a relatively fast hitscanner. The Devastator runs the risk of taking you out with it, wheras the regular BFG does not. Plus, you can't dual-wield the Zombie Rifle. However, that there are weapons which make others redundant is a legitimate point, which is why I haven't included the entire R667 armoury, instead sticking to weapons which are useful and/or cool. As I've said before, if you don't like a weapon, drop it and grab another. There's plenty to choose from, although perhaps not as many as AEoD.

Think I`m gonna try this out in co-op. Growing a bit tired of all the other classic megawads atm, so...maybe we`ll have fun playing familiar maps with unfamiliar content :P

scalliano said:

@killer2: For example, the Manc arms are slow projectile weapons whereas the Unmaker is a relatively fast hitscanner.

This is exactly my point!There is no reason to use the manc cannons anymore if you have the Unmaker:hitscan,better damage output,faster shooting speed,uses same ammo.
I personally think a weapon limit (like AEoD) would be best.You don't know how many times I had to drop that zombieman rifle.I think I spend 50% time playing and 50% time dropping rifles.It gets really annoying.
EDIT:could you please tell me what super stims actually do?

Awesome. :D I'm gonna give this a try. Been looking forward to an update. I'll provide feedback once I've given it a good run through.

killer2 said:

This is exactly my point!There is no reason to use the manc cannons anymore if you have the Unmaker:hitscan,better damage output,faster shooting speed,uses same ammo.
I personally think a weapon limit (like AEoD) would be best.You don't know how many times I had to drop that zombieman rifle.I think I spend 50% time playing and 50% time dropping rifles.It gets really annoying.

For you there may be no reason to use the Manc cannons. I've run into a time or two where I've switched back to the Manc cannons due to the fact I needed to let the Unmaker recharge (once I got the Chi Gem/Crystal/Shiny Purdy Rock). There's also the fact that, while the Unmaker's stronger with the Gem once you obtain it, it fires slower. Despite the increase in attack power, the need to recharge and the slower firing rate can be a hindrance. In fact, the Manc Arms fire faster than the Unmaker w/Chi Gem.

I've also never had to drop any of the weapons, either. Granted, I had a damn near filled inventory by the end of a megawad, but when I switched between weapon types it switched me to whatever weapon is the strongest of the group (i.e. strongest out of the shotguns, plasma-based rifles, rocket launchers, etc.).

EDIT: The itinerary text file included with the .zip already details what the Super Stim does: gives you a small boost of health and additional damage resistance for a limited time.

Thanks, Nems, you said what I was about to.

Also, there's little reason to keep dropping the Zombie Rifle, as it has the highest selection order value in the mod. So you will only ever automatically switch to it when you are completely out of everything else, which is unlikely. Ditching the higher end weapons which don't appear as often makes more sense.

EDIT: The Spirit Imp has been kludged for now. It displays correctly in software ZDoom but without the wobbly ethereal effect. If there are no more issues I'll upload the fixed version later.

Link has been updated with the aforementioned fixes. Hopefully the mod should now run in software mode without conflict, but keep me posted!

OOPS!

Forgot to include the fixed Spirit Imp in the upload - fixed.

Apologies to anyone who grabbed it already.

Small visual bug in this new version:

The LOS chaingun/RL has a rocket explosion that creates an ugly grey circle, both in software and openGL modes.

Tried this out in co-op. Started out with AV map14...lets just say...well, it was most certainly Overwhelming Odds :P

For some reason we got out of sync with eachother everytime we switched map. Dunno if its because of the mod or whatever, but i has never happened before.

Damn, that Thamuz guy is one evil motherfucker!
Anyway, pretty cool stuff, but it grew kinda tiredsome for me after a while. Just tons of random monsters, weapons and powerups everywhere.

Kudos for putting it together though :)

Chaingun bug has been taken care of and link has been updated, I'd forgotten to include the fixed version in the upload, d'oh!

@Darkreaver: Multiplayer is completely untested, I'm afraid - it may well be desynching because of the mod, but that's one area I really haven't a clue about. This mod is really intended as a diversion - if it provides 10 minutes of entertainment in between proper games that's good enough for me. You don't need to try and beat Deus Vult with it, after all, randomizers aren't to everyone's taste :)

UHmmm whats this?
Script error, "zudmwr.pk3:_udmwr.wad:DECORATE" line 17:
Replaced type 'ZombieSpawner2' not found in ZombieSpawner4

Hock said:

UHmmm whats this?
Script error, "zudmwr.pk3:_udmwr.wad:DECORATE" line 17:
Replaced type 'ZombieSpawner2' not found in ZombieSpawner4

zmwr.pk3 is the guts of the mod and must always be used, regardless of IWAD.

zudmwr.pk3 should always be loaded after zmwr.pk3, and only when using the mod with Doom 1.

I hate necro-ing this thread, but I came across an issue. The Cheshire Cacodemon occasionally causes ZDoom to crash. If I recall correctly, ScoreDoom had the same issue. I wanna say BilboHicks just took the Cheshire out completely for ScoreDoom, but I can't recall off hand.

Besides that one little bug, this is by far the best version I've played yet. Good job, scalliano. :) If I come across any more bugs, I'll let you know.

Also, the download link (and DRDTeam's filesharing site) is down. :p

Cheers, that and a few other things have been taken care of.

Also, new link added to first post.

Miss me?

It's back and it's bigger, badder and more jam-packed full of arbitrarily ripped content than ever before. Link's in the first post.

Have fun!

Pretty fun randomizer mod. Though, few nitpicks:

Some weapon sounds are extremely loud, compared to other weapons. Like Superpump, darn that thing is loud. Or that Hellstorm Cannon when all the explosives go boom.

Slot 6 is very, very cluttered slot, in my opinion. Getting correct weapon takes a lot time. Don't have any good suggestions, though.

Thank you for this! The 667 Shuffle has really revitalized Doom for me.

The sounds are down to the actors themselves - other than going in and manually normalizing every single sound effect there's not much I can do about that. As for the weapon slots, don't be afraid to ditch weapons that you don't want to use. That's kind of the idea behind the mod - creating your own custom arsenal on the fly.

Whenever I try to run the zmwr.pk3, I always get this error, even though I have the latest versions of (G)ZDoom:

Script error, "zmwr.pk3:nightmarecacodemon.wad:DECORATE" line 21:
Unknown render style 'Subtract'

I'm not sure if this is correctable by obtaining a developer version of (G)ZDoom, mainly because I try to look for one and fail rather miserably, though I'd just like to point that error out.

This Shuffle mod is certainly great. I will not use it as a gameplay mod with PWADs though, I'm not really into using gameplay mods, but I also find it great as a collection of Doom-styled monsters/weapons/items at one place.

If I can ask, would you please explain how it is possible that the pack contains many monsters that are not present on actual Realm667? Many additional Doom monster or zombie variants, and also completely new creatures with quality sprites. I know you're a sprite artist and probably an author of a few of these. Anyway, where else do the monsters originate from? And why they aren't on R667? :)

Unfortunately not all of the content wads have "INFO" and "CREDITS".

Jimothy said:

Whenever I try to run the zmwr.pk3, I always get this error, even though I have the latest versions of (G)ZDoom:

Script error, "zmwr.pk3:nightmarecacodemon.wad:DECORATE" line 21:
Unknown render style 'Subtract'

Error can be fixed, by downloading newest version of GZDoom. Starting... Right here, from top.

scalliano said:

As for the weapon slots, don't be afraid to ditch weapons that you don't want to use. That's kind of the idea behind the mod - creating your own custom arsenal on the fly.

D'oh. Forgot there was this hidden thing in controls. :P