Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
X-DOOM

New ZDoom 1.23 Beta 31 !!!!

the latest zdoomz have wierd ass sound problems with me.

like in q2 when shit is loading, how sounds play themselves over and over and over un til shit is loaded

if you can understand that

Tell me when it goes faster than 2 fps...

Huh?

I thought he made some major improvements on speed. Something like at least 2X as fast at higher resolutions.

ZDoom never failed me before, but beta31 freezes on 'init misc info' at startup. And I was really looking forward to playing it too :(

Zdoom is da shit!

Yes, without the "da".

you're being quite negative this morning...Personatly, I think zdoom is the greatest port out there. It has so many editing options.

zdoom is great, but it's too hard (for me) to use the heavy editing features that it provides.

zdoom is great, but it's too hard (for me) to use the heavy editing features that it provides.

what editors have you tried it with?

Zdoom is da shit!

Yes, without the "da".

you're being quite negative this morning...Personatly, I think zdoom is the greatest port out there. It has so many editing options.

Heh. It's not morning here. It's afternoon. And I've just had a test this morning: "Differential and Integral Calculus - Part 2". So I have reasons to be negative, even though I seemingly done well (we'll know the results in a week or so).

Anyhow it's hard to explain why I don't like ZDOOM. And if I try to explain you'll think I'm a weirdo. So I won't.

I acknowledge the great features of ZDOOM, and its great potential, and I appreciate the work Randy put into it.

I just don't like it.

I was so so disappointed when TeamTNT dropped further work on BOOM to work on Daedalus. With TeamTNT working on it BOOM would be the best thing out there, without a doubt.

There are several projects based on BOOM, like MBF and something else, but they are also discontinued or on hold or uncertain.

I still like BOOM. I use BOOM to run all my WADs.

i think you're a weirdo for not explaining. It doesn't really make sence.

Don't you ever feel you like something or dislike something and can't really explain why? And you feel there is no rational explanation? That's what I feel about ZDOOM.

i think you're a weirdo for not explaining. It doesn't really make sence.

Don't you ever feel you like something or dislike something and can't really explain why? And you feel there is no rational explanation? That's what I feel about ZDOOM.

oh. like that. Yeah.

The best port around is the one for Roots. I'm not revealing any more... mwahahah.

roots? what's that?

Ok, there are quite a few excellent (or near-excellent) ports out there, but I still like ZDoom best. Why?

a) Total experience. In ZDoom everything is more cohesive. For example, if you need to tweak a setting, odds are ZDoom has a console command or cvar for it, and it's SAVED (bind s screenshot ... restart .... do it all over again BINDS SHOULDN'T FUCKING HAVE TO BE IN AUTOEXEC.CFG). No poring through multiple layers of menus, no ugly and inconvenient command line parameters (-ds3d on -opengl, anyone?) (the only exception to that is -heapsize ... I want -heapsize in the zdoom.ini too) ... it all just fits together better.

b) Speed. NO ... OTHER ... PORT can give me 35fps at 1152x864 in software rendering on a 1GHz machine like ZDoom did even BEFORE 1.23b29. That counts for a lot in my book. The speed ZDoom is capable of going at makes all other software-rendering ports an utter joke.

c) Stability. Far less crashes than any other port other than perhaps PRBoom. ZDoom crashes so rarely for me I can't remember the last one, it's so far back. Compare that to Vavoom, say ... one good lock-up every 2 sessions?