Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skeletor

Clash of the Titans

Save your money.

The original despite being super old is waaayyy better. Alot of the battles are missing in the new movie and it's damn obvious why. If they spent any more money on CG they'd be broke.

Also, the battle scenes in the old movie are actually, believe it or not, more intense.

So it's like every other 80's remake ever. Can't wait for the obligatory shitty licensed game.

I wish they'd remake mediocre films instead of soiling one's that are good. By mediocre I mean those movies that had some potential with a good plot, but due to budget, wooden acting or bad pacing failed to make an impression. At least then the remake would seem to most people to be original.

Scet said:

I wish they'd remake mediocre films instead of soiling one's that are good. By mediocre I mean those movies that had some potential with a good plot, but due to budget, wooden acting or bad pacing failed to make an impression. At least then the remake would seem to most people to be original.

I wish they would just make different movies instead of remaking stuff.

Doom Dude said:

Definitely. I'm tired of seeing remake after remake. It irks me even more when I see a new trailer for something, and I think it looks pretty original, then I find out later that it's still a remake of some lesser known 70s movie.

I love Ray Harryhausen movies. He could teach CGI animators a thing or two about giving their creations character.

Scet said:

I'd really like to see a Troll 2 remake, in 3D of course.
:p

I loved the original Clash of the Titans despite it being kind of cheesy (it was the last movie Ray Harryhausen worked on, who was famous for doing special effects in 50s and 60s sci-fi, and it was one of the last movies to rely heavily on stop-motion animation). They showed it on TBS a lot back in the 90s.

Scet said:

Heh, yeah. If I were a movie director/producer, I'd go for remaking Wizards. That movie was kind of cool and had tons of awesome potential, but it ended up being a bit cheesy and lacking because Bakshi is a weird-ass mofo who was in love with budget rotoscoping.

[WH]-Wilou84 said:
I'd really like to see a Troll 2 remake, in 3D of course.
:p

I'm curious what "potential" you saw in that movie :)

Yeah, apparently there are remakes planned for The Warriors and Escape from New York. In other words: FUUUU-

Scet said:

Apparently they're doing a straight-faced re-make of Plan 9 from Outer Space.

Never saw the original. From the consensus of my friends that saw the original, the original is better. When they busted out that owl thing I immediately uttered "Leave it"

My friend explained to me after the movie that the owl was in the original and it would talk to them. Having never seen the original I thought the owl was going to be some kind of Jar Jar Binks bullshit. DO NOT WANT

Djinn are desert Protoss. Saw it in 2D, as the 3D is supposed to be real bad. It wasn't shot in 3D and they rushed to make it 3D 3 weeks before release.

Not the greatest, but for a mindless greek mythos fantasy movie it was enjoyable.

Scet said:

QFT. And case in hand: The NeverEnding Story (film).

I demand NO LESS than Peter Jackson to make a decent trilogy (or two-part saga, whatever) out of it.

Doom Dude said:

Well, obviously. I meant if they felt they had to remake something because they were out of ideas.

deathbringer said:

Apparently they're doing a straight-faced re-make of Plan 9 from Outer Space.

I'd hardly call that an obscure film nobody remembers. It's pretty much the most infamous movie of all time.

POTGIESSER said:

Having never seen the original I thought the owl was going to be some kind of Jar Jar Binks bullshit. DO NOT WANT

IMO the owl is Harryhausen's Jar Jar, it really slowed the pace of Clash. I think Sinbad and Argonauts are better, but everyone seems to love Clash.

Maes said:

QFT. And case in hand: The NeverEnding Story (film).
I demand NO LESS than Peter Jackson to make a decent trilogy (or two-part saga, whatever) out of it.

I actually just rewatched the first Neverending Story today. I don't see how CGI is really going to top those real special effects. I remember the second movie being quite bad though, and I've never seen the third.

...and I've never seen the third.

NEVER SEE THE THIRD. I have blocked most images from my memory, but thinking of it brings a feeling of dread and a horrible taste in my mouth.

Doom Dude said:

Yeah but that actually takes work.

david_a said:

There's actually two remakes.

Ah, man! I just saw this for the first time the other day and joked with my roommate about a remake. Every single one of my joke/ideas... stolen. Those jerks!!

Scet said:

Agreed.

They should start with the Doom movie.

Scet said:

Wickerman...with <yourhotactress>

Is it just me or did the new Clash have more brown in it then Quake? The whole movie was brown, grey and green.

Snakes said:

Yeah, apparently there are remakes planned for The Warriors and Escape from New York. In other words: FUUUU-

D:

Those were two perfectly good movies that didn't need any remaking whatsoever. DO NOT WANT.