Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've seen plenty of mods that borrow things from Heretic/Hexen, but I haven't seen any that go the other way. Is there such a mod that converts Hexen into Doom so that one could use Hexen's advanced controls and scripting abilities to make a Doom TC? I feel this could be interesting if someone made a Vanilla Hexen mod that's a Doom TC, so that the author could use Hexen's more powerful engine. I know that ports like ZDoom exist, but I suppose I'd be curious to see how some pre-zdoomer might have pulled this off. Just a curiosity.

Regards,
the lurker

the_lurker said:

I know that ports like ZDoom exist, but I suppose I'd be curious to see how some pre-zdoomer might have pulled this off.

Give how long ZDoom has used the Hexen format and ACS (basically since 1998), the little overall interest in modding Hexen, and the fact that basically everyone who has Hexen already has Doom but the vice is not exactly versa, the answer would be kinda "no".

I'm pretty sure there are a lot more ZDoom Doom-in-Hexen-map-format mods than Hexen mods. Even today, interest in Hexen modding is marginal at best.

Closest I can think of is a port of Aliens TC to Heretic. It's pretty awful looking though- I've not tried playing it, so I dunno how it may differ from the original.