Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DeathevokatioN

Last Doom Wad you played

I finall conquered the beast that is Cheogsh 2 by Shadowman.

It was very good, a visual and acoustic masterpiece. The game play was tough--some really good battles and an awesome boss battle. However, map 3, "Temple of Seth," has a lot of copy-paste, and this makes things confusing. Also, the "story" seems really slow, like it's dragged out too much.

Still, I liked it. It just takes a lot of patience to complete.

DemilinX said: "5 years" (5years.wad) for Doom 2 by Shadowman

I loved this map set. The detailing is superb and the illusion of the two story houses in the first map are very cleverly designed. I've always been a fan of winding maps based in mines with varied heights and map two nails it perfectly with more cool, little details. The gameplay is just about right.. engaging but not particularly challenging.

4.5 out 5 imps!

Played this a short while ago and hell to the yes, it was great! One of the more ambitious and unique WADs I've had the pleasure of playing.

Lastly, I played Nadir, A Hexen Project. I think the only relevant thread is at ZDoom. Oddly, I played this time on medium difficulty, and the class was an almighty mage. I still got cornered by dragons, afrits and dark Heretic imps and died...

Played Remain 1. Fucking brilliant Doom 2 nostalgic mapset. Was awesome revisiting Doom 2 with maps based on the same themes, but reworked with different layouts and different combat sections.

Also finished Momento Mori for the first time and had great fun with it, most of the maps had a good atmosphere and fun gamplay. Map 15 stood out the most though, and is my new favorite map. It's amazing that something like this was pulled off in just 5 months!

Now I'm halfway through Momento Mori 2 and this is also very good but so far I still prefer the first MM. It's also good to see that Mark Klem was also a mapper back in the day, and a damn good one at that.

A few days ago I finished playing through Espi's Back to Basics again (probably for the 3rd or 4th time). It had been a while since I played through the map set last, so it was a nice refresher. I wholly admire the complex architecture, interesting layouts and clean look almost more than any other map set I've played. While I don't think I emulate any one person's mapping style, at least not on purpose, I do like to try and strive for that same level of feeling that Espi conveyed through his mapping. Since I've been deadlocked to working on my old back-up computer and thus cannot work on Vela Pax/Supplice, playing through that map set was a nice injection of inspiration. And it also kept me from being bored out of my head for a few days :P

DeathevokatioN said:

Played Remain 1. Fucking brilliant Doom 2 nostalgic mapset. Was awesome revisiting Doom 2 with maps based on the same themes, but reworked with different layouts and different combat sections.

This sounds fun. I'm going to find it and give it a spin.

Played through DDV on Coop with my bro. More like post-release testing, but nothing game-stopping came up. There was a inescapable slime pit in E2M2 when the walkway to the yellow key is raised, but I don't think it's worth an update considering I haven't got reports of any other bugs. Maybe when/if I update it to vanilla-friendly.

On another note, we played through Doom2 too. And I had no idea there were so many multiplayer-only cyberdemons.

"Remain 1 (Chapter 1)" by Alexander "Eternal" S. (aka Deadall)

Perfect! This was very enjoyable and a nice reimagining of the Doom 2 levels but very different layouts and gameplay. It'd be nice to see the next chapter but having been released in 2007.. who knows. Download this now if you haven't already. 5 out of 5 imps!