Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DeathevokatioN

Last Doom Wad you played

Since I couldn't find any similar thread, thought I'd start one. Hopefully this doesn't land up in Post Hell. :)

Post the name of the last Doom Wad you played in this thread.

Just finished Scythe 2 for my first time, and it was also the first time I had to suck up my pride and tone the difficulty down to HMP as well. :( But overall had a lot of fun times playing it!

Community Chest 1. Haven't played any megawads aside from TNT and Plutonia, so I thought I'd ease myself in with this one.

Last Wad I played was Doomworld Speedmapping Compilation #7... Not particularly noteworthy or anything, it's just once in a while I like to look back at my (rather sparse) history of mapping, and I participated in that. Come to think of it, I really do need to get back into mapping one of these days, last thing I released was 5 years ago. Sheesh.

I'm on MAP21 of Evilution, going to beat it for my first time after numerous attempts but being stolen away by my busyness. In fact, I have a horrid commitment to staying on just one megawad and beating it, I usually end up starting another, and then another... Next is Plutonia Experiment. :)

Last night I discovered Batman Doom, and a few hours from then and this morning have brought me to Level 7: The Helicopter.

MAP06, Chinatown, was AMAZING.

This may be the best WAD I've ever played, in fact.

DOOMALLR
its an ok e1 replacement but a unique thing is that it has some nice custom music
From D!zone gold

Grinding my way though the last third of Requiem right now... Which is kind of odd because it was the first wad I ever played and contains the map that inspired me to start making my own wads. Never finished it, though.

The only one I remember playing start to end recently was The City Of The Damned - Apocalypse, and that was in late 2009.

I think I've reached the point where I find the forums funnier than the actual game....although I should probably do something to reverse the trend.

Tough for me to say, since there's almost a month since I played a Doom WAD.

I know what.

There were two wads simultaneously. One was a PC speaker modification of mine, that made the Doom noises sound similar to their waveform counterparts. And the other was one of Archvile78's test wads, which started outside in a typical UAC yard and went inside, through some classic-looking hallways.

Was all inspired to build a DooM map last night but then I played a bit of Foreverhood and that took away all my inspiration with those pedophile aliens at the beginning calling me "Little one". Still a nice looking surreal world, but I was in the mood for a mindless missile dodging imp crushing, zombie gibbing frenzy. Heh.

Today I played and finished Serenity... nothing like walking through a level and at random times a message comes up saying that you've "found a secret". Some of the rooms felt bare but this level set definitely has it's charm and I enjoyed playing through it. Not enough health though.

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=1033

Heh I like the idea of a "What WAD are you playing right now?" thread.

I'm ashamed to say that I was playing UAC Ultra this morning in the library at school because a kid sitting next to me asked me if I do sprite work (He must have seen me doodling on MS Paint once before) and I told him I do everything I do using knowledge I had gained from Doom because I'm all about that game and was showing him UAC Ultra as an example.

Before that I had been playing Speed of Doom yesterday.

Been playing EPIC lately. I downloaded it back when it was released on idgames, but never really got around to playing through much of it. I'm on Map03 now, and it definitely lives up to its name. I love how the maps are gigantic and extremely open and explorable, yet the battles are still contained within smaller, walled off areas, rather than turning into a huge open arena shitfest.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Fragport with RGA2 Test Round 6-4. Good bit of nostalgia here.