Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
theleo_ua

Heretic Weapons behavior - can it be changed? In what source ports?

1) When I fire by phoenix rod - I moving back. Can I turn it off (like Rocket Launcher behavior in Doom) and what Source Ports can help me to do this?

Is it possible on Doomsday\GZDoom ?

2) Same, but about powered mace balls: they movement totally depends on my movement.

А) If I stay and firing from mace - all balls (I mean first flying after shoot) will fly the same.

B) If I move back while firing - balls will fly back at first, If I move forward - they will run forward with "turbo speed".

Can it be changed to way like "every ball will fly like in A) even if I moving while firing"?

Is it possible on Doomsday\GZDoom ?

Thanks to all

Yes and yes; but these ports have different ways of achieving such results. For ZDoom, you'll want to learn about DECORATE; for Doomsday you'll have to learn about DED.

Gez said:

Yes and yes; but these ports have different ways of achieving such results. For ZDoom, you'll want to learn about DECORATE; for Doomsday you'll have to learn about DED.

Can you explain shortly (or give an example) - how to change behavior of any weapon using DED and what "*.ded" files should I modify for this (objects.ded, values.ded etc)?

No. I'm not familiar with Doomsday's definitions; I just know they exist and where they're documented. Now you know as much as I do about them.

Gez said:

No. I'm not familiar with Doomsday's definitions; I just know they exist and where they're documented. Now you know as much as I do about them.

Ok - thanks. I will try to understand them from zero

Doomsday 1.x has no additional actions (the A_xxxx lines) at tall over those of the original games.

Deng team have focused nearly full attention on the upcoming Doomsday 2.x for over five years now. Hence some of Doomsday 1.x's modding features are years behind other ports.

Vermil said:
the A_xxxx lines

What is "A_xxxx lines"? What they can do?

Vermil said:

Deng team have focused full attention on the upcoming Doomsday 2.x

So 2.x will can do what I want in this topic?

That depends on what you want to do. I know ZDoom can let you edit them however you see fit, pretty much, within what the engine can do. Like Gez, I'm not familiar with how Doomsday would fit your needs. What exactly do you want to do?

.ex.inferis. said:

What exactly do you want to do?

In this topic I exactly want to do what I explained at the start post.

Now I started learn Decorate and understand that this is possible in GZDoom (soon I will create my own Heretic mod), but the problem is that current stable version of Doomsday doesn't support what I want (DED in 1.8.6 has not the same "possibilities" as Decorate).

So at first I will create my mod in Decorate for GZDoom, and when Doomsday will become support something like Decorate - I will create same mod for Doomsday.

P.S. My mod is not only about questions in this topic - but it will be much more pretty with those things