Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Csonicgo

The Great Fish Renaissance Revival-Fest 2010

I've noticed that over the past few months, loyal DWF members have strayed away from the one thing that binds us: The fish. So, in an attempt to remedy that, This thread was created to call all volunteers to help create fishes for new-ish and old members or to fishify their own abhorrent, non-fished avatars.

I consider these fun exercises for those who like to do art or an act of kindness.

Notice: You don't have to have a fish. But, you don't wanna be laughed at in the playground do you?

I am kind of intrigued.

Pray tell, what is the history behind this fishy trend? From where did such a trouty tradition take stage?

st.alfonzo said:

I am kind of intrigued.

Pray tell, what is the history behind this fishy trend? From where did such a trouty tradition take stage?

http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/Pink_fish
Conflate this fad with the previous phenomenon of the dope fish and you have a fishy situation.

I'm not sure if I still have my fishy version of my Contra 4 avatar. I don't think Lance Bean looked very good as a fish anyway. However, I like doing pixel art especially with 48x48 sized dimensions, I could make some goofy ones.

Danarchy said:

Eh, the whole fish avatar thing is really played out.

It's the only thing no other community has taken and ruined yet!

I would make a fish out of my avatar, but I can't think of a conceivable way in which it would not turn out looking horrific. People would avoid threads I post in just to not see the kassfish (besides... you know, my shitty posting.)

lupinx-Kassman said:

I would make a fish out of my avatar, but I can't think of a conceivable way in which it would not turn out looking horrific. People would avoid threads I post in just to not see the kassfish (besides... you know, my shitty posting.)

I feel very dirty for having done this.

Here are also the fish I made during the Renaissance.

I would try to make a fish version of the animating esselcloud, but somehow I can't be bothered to exert the effort, particularly to come up with something that actually looks like a cloud/fish combination. The cloud's amorphous shape doesn't really seem like it would lend itself to recognition when combined with another object.

These threads pop up every few months.

You're free to use any of these. :D

You know, if anyone is willing, I'd like to see someone take a crack at a Stroyent fish.