Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Insane_Gazebo

Creating a level from curves.

I'm about to attempt to make a map entirely (well, as much as is possible) from curves. I have a rough idea how I'm going to go about it, however, I was wondering if anyone else might have some tricks/tips and so on regarding building such a map?

Also, does anyone know of some dark grey/black textures which would look rather good on a curved walls? I've had a really good look, and I've just had no luck in finding any suitable.

And then, after this, I'm going to attempt to build a map almost entirely of hexagons. Eep.

No tips and such, but seeing as I really like your stuff I would be willing to shift some of my time to help you with making textures :) Just hit me with a PM or something and we can get into details there if you are interested.

gggmork said:

Try putting your butt and/or boobs on the screen, then tracing around them.

printz said:

Some of Chris Wright's maps are curved.

I think we may have just discovered his secret.

gggmork said:

Try putting your butt ... on the screen, then tracing around them.

What if it's too big to fit on the screen? :(

Spleen said:

What if it's too big to fit on the screen? :(

Make two maps

my newly released map, Awakening ( http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=16043 ) has an outer circular track. i pulled it off by using the midpoint and then drawing a line with a specific length out repeatedly to form a circle. so you can use simple geometric ideas like this (circles have the same radius all the way around) to make some nice curves. if you want to make a random curve, pick a point you want the curve to go around and use line lengths as tools to make your radii.

NT