Johnny

The KFC Double Down - God bless America

Is this awesome?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Is this awesome?

• Oh yeah!
    • Hell yeah!
    • You bet your ass it is.

Now before I go into detail, I want to first say that I rarely post on Doomworld as I like to wait until I have something sufficiently awesome to talk about. Whether or not my post ends up being awesome in the end is debatable. That being said, I've just had a life changing experience:

Being the fried food connoisseur that I am, when I heard someone had FINALLY made an official meat-for-bread sandwich I got the most rock hard boner I've had in my life. I wasted no time getting myself up to KFC to see how this baby rides. Not surprisingly, it was nothing short of humanity's greatest achievement thus far. It consists of two fried chicken patties I'd put at slightly over an inch thick, two slices of bacon, some sort of heavenly sauce, and two pieces of monterey and pepperjack cheese each. I also got some mashed potatoes to dip it in because--why the hell not? Finger-lickin' good is a gross understatement. Weighing in at a hefty 540 calories, (290 of those calories from fat with 10 grams saturated fat) this beast is probably illegal in multiple places around the world. Fortunately, I live in America, land of the free and home of the brave. I welcome my future of type 2 diabetes with open arms.

Krispavera said:

I saw an ad for this on TV last night and felt my arteries trembling.

Why? There's probably barely any cholesterol or fat in it.

Csonicgo said:

...And they HAD to put bacon on it.

Two pieces of bacon.

Two pieces of cheese.

And two pieces of chicken.

Well that thing just looks shitting Primal.

Though I still struggle to get through a Fillet 'o Fish from Mackie Dee's, I'm mighty glad to hear your life-long quest for meat sandwich ultimacy has come to a just and carnivorous crunchdown.

God bless America (and god bless KFC! they do damn fine wet-wipe).

Csonicgo said:

...And they HAD to put bacon on it.

Fukken A, bacon rules. ;) This new thing looks pretty tasty. Speaking of KFC I really love their hot wings.

Next time I get one of these monsters I think I'm gonna throw a biscuit in the middle of it for a little bread role reversal. I'm all jittery with excitement

Johnny said:

Weighing in at a hefty 540 calories, (290 of those calories from fat with 10 grams saturated fat) this beast is probably illegal in multiple places around the world. Fortunately, I live in America, land of the free and home of the brave.

Uhh, that's actually a pretty reasonable amount of saturated fat. Also, I assume that the chicken is made of white meat which is undoubtedly far healthier than any white bread that exists.

OM-NOM-NOM! NOM, NOM! Ahh, so filling! Hahaha! That vas delicious! Sandvich make me strong! What was that, sandvich? "Kill them all"? Good idea! Hahaha!

Okay seriously, I gotta try that. I just have to check in with my Medic and see if he still has that defib kit.

As gross as this thing looks (I hate KFC chicken in general), I still think it isn't half as disgusting-looking as what Krispy Kreme is capable of. It'll be a while before anything tops that... Maybe.

Then again, rewatching this Swaim video reassured me that it will be done in the near future.

AndrewB said:

Uhh, that's actually a pretty reasonable amount of saturated fat. Also, I assume that the chicken is made of white meat which is undoubtedly far healthier than any white bread that exists.

I know dude, I wasn't saying it was a lot. The 'hefty' only applied to the amount of calories. The rest of it was just info.

Snakes said:

As gross as this thing looks (I hate KFC chicken in general), I still think it isn't half as disgusting-looking as what Krispy Kreme is capable of. It'll be a while before anything tops that... Maybe.

Then again, rewatching this Swaim video reassured me that it will be done in the near future.

Is that a hashbrown patty there?

Actually a plain ole Whopper is worse for you. Kinda sad.

This is actually very plain compared to some of the "foods" found on this blog.

david_a said:

This is actually very plain compared to some of the "foods" found on this blog.

I love that blog. D:

Also, I owe it to myself to have a KFC Double Down this week.

doom2day said:

Is that a hashbrown patty there?

It's a chicken patty. Probably the cheapest variety there is, nonetheless. Every time I look at it I come a step closer to vomiting.

Yuck! I don't get it. A pile of meat and cheese. It's been done. KFC isn't good enough for me to get excited about something like that.

I will admit I enjoyed the Mega Tamago when I grabbed one in Tokyo. hehehe It was more interesting than a Double Big Mac.

When I want to over eat I usually prefer a good pizza (often with tons of spinach and feta) or a massive pile of sashimi.

Oooo, that blog is nasty. Some of those things are just very rich, but many of them are absolutely disgusting. Doughnuts and bacon do not belong together!

I'd like to thank this thread for destroying my appetite for the next couple of days.

Also, I may never try the new KFC sandwich. It may have less fat/calories/whatever than something from Burger King, but it bothers me a lot more that there is a company, even in the United States, that would seriously put that on the menu. It's a sandwich that has no bread... unless you lower your standards of bread. Yes, technically, breaded and fried chicken has bread... sort of...

KFC is asking me to lower my standards for FUCKING BREAD. Wheat? Grain? Baked? Sliced? Bah!

You couldn't ask for more from fast food.

But I couldn't eat that thing if I were drunk and/or high.

@Fiend

White bread is so processed that it isn't that good for you - it's basically a carb overload, which will contribute to you getting fat (basically your body will have a short "carb high" from all the energy, then you will feel the come down and be too tired to do exercise to burn that energy off.)

tl;dr

At least chicken has protein in it. However, you should be suspicious whenever something is just "chicken" as opposed to "chicken breast" etc. - having worked in a chicken factory before... don't ever eat chicken nuggets

While I like bacon, chicken, cheese and fried foods in general, my cardiologist probably would shoot me if I ordered one of those.