Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aldaraia

Bug in Plutonia MAP25

On the level "Temple of Darkness", the blue key door seems to be a one-time only door. I first went inside and then found out I needed a yellow key to use the switch inside. Coming back with the yellow key, I found the switch on the blue key door was in its activated frame, and would not open. I was only able to get past by clipping through the wall. The Doom wiki doesn't document this bug as far as I know. Have you guys had the same problem? I'm using ZDoom by the way.

There is no bug.

1. Pick up yellow key at sector 125 and activate switch at line 1344, raising sector 108.

2. Proceed to sector 73 and pick up the blue key.

3. Open door sector 79 ( line 912 )

4. Activate switch at line 904. This raises the 3 pillar sectors 69 - the ones with the yellow skulls on them.

5. Pick up the red key at sector 70.

... you should be able to work out the rest ...

Actually, Aldaraia is right. The outside of the door is an S1(stay open). However, the inside of the door is an SR(open/wait/close). He probably triggered the inner switch on his way out of the room, which caused the door to close, locking him out.

Andy Olivera said:

Actually, Aldaraia is right. The outside of the door is an S1(stay open). However, the inside of the door is an SR(open/wait/close). He probably triggered the inner switch on his way out of the room, which caused the door to close, locking him out.

I stand corrected. Yes, line 909. Before the days of mouselook, the player would not have realised this, and hence had no need to activate the switch at line 909.