Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Snakes

Unholy Realms (28 Maps Done)

Ok. I'm back. Recovered from my April Fool's setbacks.

Now where were we.... Aaaah yes. Remotely formatting Snake's HD.

26 maps are now finished up. I present you with a celebratory screenshot.

Once again, my self-imposed deadline will probably fail (though I am banging out Maps27 and 28 right now), but this should be out by the end of October... I hope :(

Also, I'd like a couple of playtesters to sign up!!!! Probably just 2 or 3 more who'd be willing to provide me with some constructive feedback. PM me or post here if interested.

glrrbglgblgrbbgl, ultra awesome! Not going to give you any feedback though, `cause I`m gonna wait with playing it until its finished ;)

UR is the project I`m looking forward to the most together with TNT2

Thank you guys :)

darkreaver, I think RoD is one of the projects I'm looking forward to the most, so I guess we can call it even there!

DeathevokatioN said:

Killer news, btw sorry for being a bad playtester, fate slapped me with a Thief trilogy to play through. :P

You are forgiven for this transgression, but only this once!

I would like at least one more playtester. Preferably one who might be willing to run through the wad on Skill 3/Skill 2, as I'm uncertain of the balance and difficulty on those levels.

Sounds good! I'll PM you the info later on. I also received another offer to playtest, so I'm going to close that door to anyone else for now!

I love that shot Snakes! It gives of a great gothic hell vibe that I dig.

By the way, sign me up for testing if you need another hand :D

NaturalTvventy said:

Forgive me if this has been pointed out already, but it is possible to get stuck on map01 right here:

http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt214/emilharold/Screenshot_Doom_20120619_214119.png

Eek! Good catch. Don't think anyone mentioned this yet. One of those small, easy-to-miss moments.

Mechadon said:

I love that shot Snakes! It gives of a great gothic hell vibe that I dig.

By the way, sign me up for testing if you need another hand :D

I suppose I could make room for one more :)

So I downloaded the 12 map beta and so far I like what I see. Theres alot of interesting traps and a good slowly progressive difficulty increase per map. I love the good use of traps to bump up the difficulty rather than pitting me vs clusterfuck of hard monsters.

I think you have done an outstanding job with these maps.

I can tell this is going to be a great megawad when finished =D

Theres only 1 thing that kind of bugs me and thats there seems to be alot of maps where at the beginning theres already demons attacking you.

That's definitely one of my weird habits. I like starting under pressure and ultimately, I wind up mapping towards my playing style. The second episode is pretty much constant trouble because of that (they're all outdoors, so basically it's chaos from the word "Go").

I'm trying to mix the "silent" start back into the third episode. I'll just say for now that in terms of gameplay variety, the first episode tops the second, but the second is the more consistent of the two. Hopefully that means the hellish levels give the wad a strong finish, supposing I can achieve both balance and consistency.

So far so good!

So it is almost a year since last update. Does the map 27 take so long to finish? It must be gorgeous, or this megawad is mordead :-S

Yeah it's still being worked on, Snakes finished a map just the other day... we just need to to kidnap his bitch ass and lock him in a basement with Doom Builder and just enough rations to last for 2 weeks.

DeathevokatioN said:

Yeah it's still being worked on, Snakes finished a map just the other day... we just need to to kidnap his bitch ass and lock him in a basement with Doom Builder and just enough rations to last for 2 weeks.

I'm in

kmxexii said:

I'm in

1+... oh wait, I don't live in America. I guess I can try and do some psychological manipulation and torture via facebook though.

I had forgotten all about this wad since I tried the 12 map demo, glad to see it's getting much closer to being completed.

Alive and (slowly) progressing towards the finish line. There's 2 1/2 maps yet to be completed, Primeval is trying to get gfx/music work done for me simultaneously. At the rate I'm currently mapping, my best guess is sometime in October.