Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alando1

How to work Friendly Cooperatives 2

I noticed that some had trouble understanding the instructions on how to use the Friendly Cooperatives 2 wad. One I noticed couldn't find the info I had in the text document. Anyway here is a copy of the instructions with some added details for those who are confused.
(NOTE: when I say "friend" I'm talking about the allies you spawn)

**SPAWNER TYPES AND USES**

PARTNER SPAWNER: Spawns one helpful friend. Keep in mind that using this one, if you hit enter to use this spawner, it will remove the current friend and replace them with the new one. This also applies to the squad spawner; if you have a squad spawned, using this spawner will clear the squad and you'll have only one friend to assit you. (Friend able to respawn)(Icon shows 1 marine helmet with a "p" underneith)
Best used with minor or moderate combat situations.

SIMPLIFIED:

--Use your "use inventory" key to activate.--

--If you hit "use inventory" again, the friend you recently spawned will be cleared and be replaced by the new one that you've spawned.

--This spawner also affects the Squad Spawner; if you have a group of friends that you spawned with the Squad Spawner, using the Partner spawner will clear the squad and it will be replaced by a single friend.

SQUAD SPAWNER: Spawns 3 other allies to assist you. If you have spawned one friend using the Partner spawner, that partner will be cleared and be replaced by a squad. Every time you use this spawner you will get a whole new set of allies incase the ones you have already are not your type you would want to work with. (Friends able to respawn)(Icon shows 3 marine helmets with an "s" underneith)
Best used for moderate to heavy combat situations.

SIMPLIFIED:

--If you hit "use inventory" again, the friends you recently spawned will be cleared and be replaced by the new set that you've spawned.

--This spawner also affects the Partner Spawner; if you have a single friend that you spawned with the Partner Spawner, using the Squad spawner will clear the friend and it will be replaced by a squad.

SPECIAL SPAWNER: This spawns 2 allies with special capabilities or weapons. Using this spawner again will only clear this category of allies. It will not clear the Partner or Squad spawner category. By having this, you can create an extended tag team and not only being limited to one or three other allies. (Friends able to respawn)(Icon shows 2 marine helmets with "spec" underneith)
Best used for heavy combat or dealing with hard enemies.

SIMPLIFIED:

--If you hit "use inventory" again, the friends you recently spawned will be cleared and be replaced by the new set that you've spawned.

--Applies ONLY to this group of special weapon friends. It will not affect the Partner Spawner or the Squad Spawner.

HEAVY BACKUP SPAWNER: This is for emergencies only! Also you can only use this in a wide or large space. If you know there are hordes of enemies coming your way or even encountering a few big bad cyberdemons, this is the spawner for you. But, there is a catch... this spawner can only be obtained within a level. It trades off randomly with the Blur Sphere so when you start a level, a Blur Sphere or a Backup Spawner pickup will appear. Also, this item has limited use. You can only use it once until you pick up another Backup Spawner item. Also the marines do not respawn if they die. (Icon shows 1 marine helmet in a blue circle)

SIMPLIFIED:

--This is obtained within a level only.--

--This can ONLY be used 1 time until you pick up another Heavy Backup Spawner pickup.

--These friends DON'T RESPAWN--

--ONLY use this in a large area; NO tight spaces.

Hopefully these simplified instructions help those who are confused. If any of you have any questions, feel free to ask. I will be happy to help you if you are still unsure of how to opperate Friendly Cooperative 2.

-Alando1