Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Reisal

ScoreDoom and custom content problem

With the recent switch to the 97c source code, I presumed my custom PK3 containing many of Realm667's monsters in it but when I try running the game with it, it spits out a script error on one of the monsters.

Script error, "Decorate/Squire.txt" line 38:
Expected ',', got ')'.
Line 38 points to this:
    BOS6 G 7 A_CustomMissile("SquireShot")
I am baffled because in the new version of Skulltag and versions prior to it, I do not get the above script error and loads normally.

What gives?

PS: How does ScoreDoom track custom monster's points when killed/infighting/etc?

I have an idea, rename ".pk3" to ".zip", extract the files. If there is a wad file containing the DECORATE, fix the line yourself using XWE. If it is a notepad file, edit it yourself.

(preferably change it to: A_CustomMissile ("SquireShot", X, X) the x's being a variable.) This is happening because sometimes missileheight is used as a property and older or newer versions may not recognize that, they would want you to put it in the command.

Then just zip it back up and rename to ".pk3" and play. It should work now.

(Yes I am such a zdoom nerd i can fix problems without seeing them firsthand.)

I don't think ScoreDoom got downgraded.

However, the fact that this function got default parameters must be a relatively recent change, apparently. The current definition of the function (in zdoom.pk3:actors/actor.txt) is this:

action native A_CustomMissile(class<Actor> missiletype, float spawnheight = 32, int spawnofs_xy = 0, float angle = 0, int flags = 0, float pitch = 0);

If the codebase in ScoreDoom is recent enough to support default parameter, you could edit that directly. Otherwise, just copy the default height, ofsxy and angle values in your squire actor and any other with the same issue:

BOS6 G 7 A_CustomMissile("SquireShot", 32, 0, 0)

Gez said:

...Otherwise, just copy the default height, ofsxy and angle values in your squire actor and any other with the same issue:

BOS6 G 7 A_CustomMissile("SquireShot", 32, 0, 0)

...Which is pretty much what I just stated.

I fixed another script problem and it's complaining there are more than one actor defined under the same name (Two NailBorgBomb entries due to using both Nailborgs from R667)

Ugh..

I also noticed that I am not seeing the "ouchface" when taking 20 or more damage, nor do I see the X/Y billboard option for sprites...I swore 97c had those things..

Mr. Chris said:

I fixed another script problem and it's complaining there are more than one actor defined under the same name (Two NailBorgBomb entries due to using both Nailborgs from R667)

Ugh..

I also noticed that I am not seeing the "ouchface" when taking 20 or more damage, nor do I see the X/Y billboard option for sprites...I swore 97c had those things..

When I started working on SD, I dove in head-first, so a lot of the add-on pack ACTOR references I should of differentiated with a 'SD' appendix of something. ... which would of allowed modders like yourself to more easily include content, but due to stupidity, I didnt foresee this.
I never got around to cleaning this up. So you are experiencing DECORATE clashes when using your wad with the add-on pack wad.
Hopefully it wouldn't require too much editing to incorporate your mod.

I am not loading any of the addon content since it contains MANY monsters that I have in this PK3 of mine, if this clears a bit up for you.

Why does the executable still say "GZDoom" under "Description? Did I even download the proper file?

EDIT: Crap, I downloaded ScoreDoom 2.8v2r3c instead of the file on top..haha I'm such a dope sometimes.

EDIT #2: Still happens (The conflicts via my PK3)

You have to edit your pack to solve the conflict. If both nailborgbombs are identical, simply delete one of the two. If they have differences, rename one and edit the corresponding nailborg.

Although recent versions of ZDoom will accept to load this pack, you'll still get warnings.