If there was going to be a "Nuts 4", would you either want it to:

Have more monsters than nuts 3
Have decorations instead of monsters
Have more level (like nuts 3)
Have another "arena" map
Be compatible with Heretic/Hexen/Strife
Have custom monsters instead of the regular
Have a super weapon that can destroy the monsters
Have extremely underpowered monsters that you can progress through like a normal level
Have friendly monsters fighting the enemy monsters

And dont just say NO MOAR NUTS, give your opinion as if there was going to be a nuts and you could help.

How about a frank discussion on less DoomTroll-type users?

Take nuts.
Replace all the monsters by archviles.
Embed a dehacked patch that gives resurrection frames to the archviles.

And remove the archviles' immunity to retaliation, and give the player some invincibility...no wait, PLENTY of invincibility spheres. The REAL objective will be to fly your way to a floating switch up in the air, before the archviles kill themselves so that there are not enough to keep you in the air anymore.

Gez said:

Take nuts.
Replace all the monsters by archviles.
Embed a dehacked patch that gives resurrection frames to the archviles.

And then give resurrection frames to the player.

Alternatively, make it a simple pwad that does nothing but replace stimpacks with bags of peanuts.

DeathevokatioN said:

Not for Heretic or Hexen. Please.

Why not? Imagine all the spider masterminds being replaced by D'Sparils... :p

Gez said:

Imagine the deathlag

Gez said:

Lag: The Game

You lose when your computer melts.

Gez said:

Imagine all the D'Sparils spamming out Disciples :p

And while your at it, imagine my fists banging the table, heheheh.

GreyGhost said:

My blood runs cold at the thought of being confronted by 10,000 of these.

Those would be great fun to kill. They could replace the sargeants and raise their canes to shoot. I think this would be a great doom mod in the oldskool vein.

Maes said:

And remove the archviles' immunity to retaliation, and give the player some invincibility...no wait, PLENTY of invincibility spheres. The REAL objective will be to fly your way to a floating switch up in the air, before the archviles kill themselves so that there are not enough to keep you in the air anymore.

I did this once, but you only got one invuln. And it was a hallway in the wall that you had to 'fly' into before the invuln ran out. I never finished the map tho, so it just sits on the hd collecting dust.

DeathevokatioN said:

Imagine all the D'Sparils spamming out Disciples :p

Didn't you guys get it? It's when one dies and takes so many others with him, possibly at the same tic.

Also, why was the OP so quickly losered and then banned? Ban evasion?

printz said:

Didn't you guys get it? It's when one dies and takes so many others with him, possibly at the same tic.

Basically, you have only three monsters to kill:
1. First D'Sparil (on serpent) so as to have the "pedestrian" version around.
2. Dismounted D'Sparil. All monsters die, including all other D'Sparils.
3. Another dismounted D'Sparil, because all the D'Sparils on serpents that were just killed have spawned one.

Of course, this being nuts, it's a bit difficult to concentrate fire on just one D'Sparil at a time...

Doesn't the game start doing crazy things to the memory, because so many people die at the same tic? What about non-reentrance?

Dunno. Depends on the port you use I guess. On ZDoom, it's really not any worse than when all the monsters are active! (Yeah, I have made a quick conversion of Nuts to Heretic.)

DeathevokatioN said:

Not for Heretic or Hexen. Please.

Ok not Heretic/Hexen

how about Romero heads instead? =p + the spawner.
and of course killing 1 of them wont end the level.

Ahcruna said:

how about Romero heads instead? =p + the spawner.
and of course killing 1 of them wont end the level.

Killing one of them does end the level, even if there are many of them. Unless you've altered the codepointer with dehacked, of course.

40oz said:
pic

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Creaphis said:

I think Nuts is a joke that's only funny when BPRD tells it.

theres a big room, right... right, so... theres a big room, and in it... right... is A LOT OF MONSTERS!!! *the crowd laughs*

Ragnor said:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

I made that screenshot, and the AAAAAAAAAs were so numerous that they stomped each other's sound channels, so that the AAAAAAAs keep changing direction. Also when I shot one of those guys, the game crashed from trying to calculate the chain reaction.

I think it should have an extensive RPG system with stats and conversations and different endings depending on your moral decisions and diplomacy and stuff

Woolie Wool said:

I made that screenshot, and the AAAAAAAAAs were so numerous that they stomped each other's sound channels, so that the AAAAAAAs keep changing direction. Also when I shot one of those guys, the game crashed from trying to calculate the chain reaction.

Thanks for answering that. I was curious what happened after you shot one of them.