Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
audiodef

Red lights in alpha lab?

I'm in the Alpha Lab, in the room next to the device shooting plasma down the hallway. The screen went red and fuzzy for a moment, as if all the lights went out and there was a hazy red fail-safe light. What was that all about?

I think it has to do with monster spawning, although I dunno why everything appears to freeze and go red while it's happening.

Part of the scare factor. It's supposed to represent the evil presence in the room I guess.

Last time I was in that area, the Imp that spawned there was killed by the plasma thing. When that happened, I couldn't breathe.

audiodef said:

I think it has to do with monster spawning, although I dunno why everything appears to freeze and go red while it's happening.

Yeah. It's called a psychic vision or something. You get kinda tired of it before the game is over, especially when the thing doesn't release you in time to avoid the incoming monsters.

I think the Phobos Anomaly from KDiZD for Doom 1 suffersmakes you suffer from something similar :P Damned buildings...