Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FanTazTiCxD

8-level episode release!

The levels were beginners levels, but they were pretty fun. I did see errors, like visual glitches, when playing ZDoom. Keep mapping, this is a good start.

iAmCodeMonkey666 said:

"Please download my wad! Tell me what was the best!"

Wow. Desperate Much? :S **

What do you mean?

I think he means the "Please download...", but I don't see a problem with it. Saying "Please" is supposed to be good etiquette, but on the internet, it may sometimes sound like desperation.

FanTazTiCxD said:

I don't want to hear about the errors. I want to hear what people thought was the best parts of the levels so I can do more of that.

The best parts were the parts without errors. Figure that one out.

Use3D said:

The best parts were the parts without errors. Figure that one out.

So what of the parts without errors was best? Figure THAT out! ;-S

phi108 said:

I think he means the "Please download...", but I don't see a problem with it. Saying "Please" is supposed to be good etiquette, but on the internet, it may sometimes sound like desperation.

English is not his first language... :P

FanTazTiCxD said:

I don't know what despiration means

It is a modification of desperate.

Click

Personally, I think you should stick to music covers.

EDIT: You didn't have to PM me about this, you could have replied here.

English is not his first language... :P

I think that's true for many here.

Not speaking English as your first language is no excuse for mistyping words someone said on the reply right above you or forgoing punctuation, though ; it doesn't justify acting like a passive-aggressive dick to people either.

If you think it does, though, English isn't my first language. So there. Impunity to act like a jerk. Woo hoo.

-

Ontopic : the best part about this mapset is I didn't download it.

Phml said:

... or forgoing punctuation, though ; it doesn't justify acting like a passive-aggressive dick to people either.

If you think it does, though, English isn't my first language. So there.

Guessed it with your semicolon. English typography doesn't put spaces before them.

I know this is a HUUUGE bump! :P I have just been reading through my old posts here in this thread and stuff and I was like "Damn... these guys are trying to help me, I should appreciate it more!" :P

My grammer is better now though, and I understand almost everything you guys posted! I think you guys do a great job in helping me to improve my maps hehe!

I don't play much doom anymore, but sometimes when I am bored, I do =)

Thanks for reading! ;)

Oh, I think I remember this.
I enjoyed your levels, mainly because I always enjoy totally crazy maps with stuff that you don`t see all the time in other doom wads. ;D

*EDIT* Woah, didnt realize how old this was. Surprised the link didn't go dead. Have any improvements been made?*

Lulz to all the bytor posts!

So ok, the makings of a first timer doom map: nazis, unbalanced, ugly, and blocky. What does that spell... NUUB! Yay, I invented that just now. I'll write it down for future use. Ahem, yes well all kidding aside, all those nasty ingredients are present here and they detract from the fun factor.

MAP01-half-way decent monster and item placement. Butt ugly.
MAP02-I dont remember it. Let me go back and check...ok back. Yeah first half ok, second have unbalanced.
MAP03-You'll offend Germans with this. Unbalanced like the dickens.
MAP04-Impossible
MAP05-geez 4 more maps to go. Ok, um its one of them blocky convoluted mazes done in the style of every first time doom mapper that has ever existed. Wonkers batman! The ceiling is gonna crush us. Oh wait, never mind.
MAP06-Woahhhh, conventional. No wait, to many monsters and not enough ammo and health.
MAP07-(sigh)I'm not even gonna bother.
MAP08-Its big and ugly

Keep mapping and taking the hits FanTazTiCxD is my best advice.

Nice work!

Tip: use something custom sky, I think that sh*tty-brown Doom 2 EP1 sky doesn't fit to these levels.

Well, thanks for your comments, but I don't need them anymore, I just wanted to say what I said before, I must say though, it's not so nice to call other people's work ugly and stuff, but I guess that is how people talk here on doomworld :P

Nah, Mr. Chris, I don't really make maps anymore, I just make them for myself because I know that I am among experts here :P

Have a nice day :) And thanks for remembering this! =)

I really like the style of these maps. It reminds me of 1995-era Doom II maps where "anything goes" was the norm, and there wasn't so much emphasis on perfect texture alignment, etc.

That said, I play with vanilla engines (Chocolate Doom or SDL Doom) exclusively, because I want to play Doom, and not Boom or Zdoom or something else. So I got to experience ALL the map bugs. In some cases they're easy to overlook and actually feel somewhat natural in this retro style of map, but in other cases they affect the gameplay and that's where I draw the line. However, I only noticed a few like that:

1. MAP02 : the switch that lowers the bars behind the red door is in a very dark sector, and easy to miss (I didn't notice it after killing the arachnotrons, and had to retrace my steps through the whole map in order to find it)

2. MAP03 : the blood-textured floor that raises behind the red door is a one-way trip, and if you happen to jump off by mistake (like I did) then you're permanently stuck at the bottom, so perhaps a lift would be more appropriate here

3. MAP03 : got a visplane overflow crash when heading back to the start area after getting stuck on bug #2

That's as far as I got so far... Maybe I'll try the other maps later on.

My favorite part was the monster infighting on MAP02, and the lack of ammo which made it necessary to exploit. :)