Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FanTazTiCxD

New secret Doom Builder trick!

Hello!

Today I was wondering how the hell MAP30 for Final Doom TNT evolution made that "direct teleport kill" thing when you cross a line! So I figured it out!! :D

Probably a lot of you guys already know it but I will show you still!

So watch my tutorial and learn how you do it! It can be useful!

Video link:
http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=24vjj7s&s=5

It's not a "Doom Builder feature". It's a Doom feature.

A map editor lets you edit a map. That's all. It's not responsible for what the game does with that map.

Same thing for questions such as "can I make a door with Doom Builder". It's not a function of the editor. The map editor may make it simpler or, inversely, more complicated; but whether it's possible at all depends only on the game.

When I call it "New Doom Builder feature" I mean a feature in Doom you can create with doom builder which is a new feature!

Well it's not new (check out the timestamp on TNT...), and it's not exclusive to DB (which wasn't around when TNT was made...), and it's not really a feature (more a trick that was discovered afterwards, it never was part of the blueprints). So... :p

chopkinsca said:

Why am I paranoid that this is a link to install a keylogger on my computer?

Indeed. I don't know why the hell people use tinyurl instead of posting the whole fucking link.

If you're referring to a player telefragging their voodoo doll (I can't get your video to run) it was probably a new trick in `96 but there's been dozens of variants since then.

printz said:

Indeed. I don't know why the hell people use tinyurl instead of posting the whole fucking link.

But it's not tinyurl, it's a "whole fucking link" to tinypic. :P

Seriously guys! I'm not trying to cheat you! It is TinyPIC.com/player

It's just a place to upload videos you can watch without downloading them like on youtube! LOL =D

Changed the title from "feature" to "Trick" since you guys want it to be the best title description :-/

Jodwin said:

But it's not tinyurl, it's a "whole fucking link" to tinypic. :P

Oh... foiled by the second poster I was.

Oh yeah the old telefrag yourself trick! Yeah, there's lots of fun things that you can do with "clones" of yourself. Like if you wanted instant death but without the whole teleport sprite or relocating the player you could also have a silent crusher activate that kills the other you.

Not-so-secret doom engine trick maybe, but that wouldn't be much of a thread title.

FanTazTiCxD said:

Changed the title from "feature" to "Trick" since you guys want it to be the best title description :-/

The best title description would be "Old Doom mapping trick". :p

Gez said:

The best title description would be "Old Doom mapping trick". :p

heh

we were seriously just talking about this new feature over here.

FanTazTiCxD said:
GhostlyDeath said:

2001, which is the year of the first Doom maps.

Good for you then ☺

Heh.