Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
destx

Blood (the game) for sale on GOG.com

I probably sounds like I'm being paid to say this, but I'm pretty sure this is relevant. I just saw that Blood (& expansions) is for sale at Good Old Games for $6.

If you're not familiar with GOG, they get the rights to sell old games (that are good), clean them up so they work with modern operating systems and provide support for them. The whole thing is done without any DRM, so you can just download your game then back it up and install it at any time without authorisation. There doesn't appear to be any limit on the number of times you download the game, either.

Even if you don't like Blood, it's worth checking out the site, they've got some pretty obscure titles there and even a couple of free games.

They have a fair few games I'll pick up on payday. Red Baron is currently on the top of the list.

I thought Return to Krondor was an interesting find - I assumed Betrayal at Krondor was the only Midkemia game around. Raymond E Fiest's book Tear of the Gods is based on this game, so will grab this as well.

printz said:

I thought you meant blood trafficking.

Steeveeo said:

I'm glad I wasn't the only one.

Me too. Maybe we're in the majority.

Awesome. Thanks for the heads up as I rarely check the site. Now I don't have to try and recover my old Blood cds.

[wishful]

Now, if only its source could be found and released.

[/wishful]

Heh. I somehow missed getting a copy of this when it was new and just recently bought it off of eBay since I couldn't find an online copy anywhere (including GOG.com)...

This is totally awesome! Blood is one of my favorite games of all time. GOG.com is definitely one of the greatest sites on the internet right now.

Is Dosbox Bundled with this?

I can only imagine that'll be the case, seeing as no source code was released, meaning no source port.

I answered my own question then.

Nevertheless i'll bookmark, can't make a purchase right now but most definitely will sometime soon. Been ages since i last played this game, back around 2003/4.

Can never forget the arsenal in this game.

Neat, even though I already own the "One Unit whole Blood" box.
It is however missing the Unlock the Secrets from GameWizards.

I never found out how that CD was since I basically broke it the 2nd day I had it (office chair accident) but I'm guessing it was just like the Kill a Ton collection CD from the Duke Nukem box.

Clarification added to the thread title, as it seemed to be causing confusion.

Blood was an awesome game (think Doom with a sick and quirky sense of humour), so if you didn't play it when it came out, it is well worth getting.

Planky said:

I thought Return to Krondor was an interesting find - I assumed Betrayal at Krondor was the only Midkemia game around. Raymond E Fiest's book Tear of the Gods is based on this game, so will grab this as well.

Well there's also Betrayal in Antara, but it's kinda weak.

I'm a big fan of BaK myself.

printz said:

Bought it. I hope it is worth it...

It is, and I hope you'll think that too.

I purchased it yesterday, I've never bought from GOG.com; its nice that they let you download infinite times from your account. It comes with Dosbox (or you can tell it to run off your existing installation if you already have it). It has the CD music which I believe is virtualized with the installation. I've just beaten the shareware part (never played past), and going to check out the rest of Blood

HackNeyed said:

Awesome. Thanks for the heads up as I rarely check the site. Now I don't have to try and recover my old Blood cds.

[wishful]

[/wishful]

Indeed, Thanks! Yeah my cds are floating somewhere in limbo no doubt.
Now we wait for Blood 2...

...or not...

I found blood, boxed with manual in a second hand shop in a small town a few years ago. IIRC I got it for 2 or 3$

So I ordered it and it instantly became available for download. Now, how much time will it take until the cost is deducted from my card? I don't want to face trial because I didn't know how to pay online.

HackNeyed said:

[wishful]

[/wishful]

Atari has the source code for the game, and they have said they will not release it.

Oh really? I thought Atari owns the rights to Blood, but don't have the source. As far as i know, Monolith have the source.