Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
linx468

3DO Music wad?

Hello everyone.I am new to doomworld!

I was just wondering if there is a wad to replace the normal Ultimate Doom music for the 3DO Doom music.Is there?

Depends on how the 3DO generated its music.

AFAIK no console version used standard MIDI or even standard tracker formats.

Often the only way to make a "music WAD" out of them is for someone to record/rip the soundtrack and make mp3s or oggs out of it and stick them inside a WAD file. Then ofc this will only be usable with source ports, not vanilla.

Maes said:

Depends on how the 3DO generated its music.

AFAIK no console version used standard MIDI or even standard tracker formats.

I'm pretty sure it was read as CD audio off the disc itself.

However, 3DO discs can't be read on a CD player or a computer, which sucks. However, the music is already up on the web, so it isn't a problem to find it.

Well the data format of the discs was a bit off, but the audio CD tracks were playable even in a normal CD player, as it was usual for mixed data + CD audio games of that era.

I am the guy, who ripped the 3DO music, to be found at the doom depot. The format is not cd audio, it is a kind of AIFF.
I had extracted the cd back then, and found the music, but never found a program, that was able to play the songs correctly. Most software couldn't even play anything, a very old version of Goldwave, if i remember correctly, played them, but it sounded totally crippled.
I have them still somewhere on the computer i used back then.

The wad using this music was that Indrema stuff. I remember finding my nickname somewhere in the thanks section, after some people blamed the guy, for using other peoples ressources without crediting and stuff.
Don't know more, i have not read all back then, and wasn't really interested in this stuff. At least not even with the credits, cause i havn't made the music, i just ripped the tracks.

How do you view data off a 3DO disc?

When I put a 3DO disc into my computer, it tries to read it for a minute, then spits it back out. Am I missing something here?

Cybdmn, I used aifc2raw then Audacity to convert the raw to wav. You missed bunny and some random song.
Mattfrie1, try using 3DO commander from the above link.

DaMan said:

Mattfrie1, try using 3DO commander from the above link.

It isn't working, says one of the files (comctl32.ocx) isn't registered and a file is missing or invalid.

Mattfrie1: You can't simlpy put a 3DO game into your drive, and read them. You need some kind of driver for the file system used for those cd roms, or software like that, posted by DaMan.

DaMan: Cool stuff. Back then, in 2003, when i ripped this stuff, there where no tools like that. I am not sure, if even audacity existed, in 2003. This way, you can finally make better versions of the music, than mine, which was simply recorded through the input of my sound card.

I even recorded the jaguar music last year, and sent them to Elbryan, but seemingly he isn't interested in the depot anymore, cause he havn't uploaded it until yet.

JagDoom had music?
Any editor that can import RAW audio would work its just Audicity is likely the only free one.
Mattfrie1, put this in the program folder. Here's ASPI if it complains about that too.

Fisk said:

The KDIZD music WAD is just the 3DO tracks.

Actually It's not the 3D0 soundtrack. If you read the description comment you'll see that these are just remixes of the original midis =)

Yes, Jag Doom had music, but not in the maps, just in the intermission screens.

DaMan said:

Mattfrie1, put this in the program folder. Here's ASPI if it complains about that too.

Still not working, put it in the directory folder and it is still saying the same message. I downloaded both the things you mentioned as well. Am I missing something?

E2M9=E3M1 The mapinfo will make it play D_E2M9 on E3M1. There is an extra song that I put as the intro. Not sure where its played on the 3DO.

I completely overlooked that, should have known though. I'm making my own mapinfo for the Jaguar TC, to play them in the same places the 3DO version does, and didn't look at yours. On a side note, the 3DO order kind of sucks, outside of E1 most of them don't fit where they're played.

If you mean DaMan's link, can't be done unless he somehow manages to get himself unbanned. In the meantime you'll just have to settle for cybdmn's rips on Doom Depot, or do some googling.

Thanks brahski. It's just that i find these FLAC rips to be much more high quality than those MP3s and they don't have those fade outs at the end, making them perfect for ogg conversion and custom source port setups.