Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vermil

Corridor 7: Alien Invasion TC

Without further info, I'm guessing Dday 1.8.6 is running out of memory on your computer, when it tries to precache the shine maps the player can see when they immediately start Level1.

Are you launching the TC with the bat file, which allocates the maximum amount of memory that Dday 1.8.6 can use, which is plenty for Corr7TC (i.e it's more than enough for me to run the TC)?

I'm not sure what could potentially be causing your crash (any more info to give?). I do not get such an error and I downloaded the version I uploaded and tested using it both with and without the slide show add-on. Maybe your download got corrupted.

Well, I did make a little mistake with the slide show pack upload; the Zip is the actual PK3 mentioned in the slide show read me.

I meant to upload the slide show PK3 inside a Zip and have now re-uploaded it in one, to match the read me file (links updated accordingly).

That said, even if yourselves unzipped the slide show files into the Dday folders, it should work absolutely fine. It just makes harder to potentially remove the add-on at a later date though.

^
Thanks. It must have got corrupted copying it over from my SD card. Back to playing (and loving!) this TC! :)

I asked before but a little harassment never hurt anyone! Would you consider giving Blake Stone the same treatment, at all?

There's no need to make a mod of another game, with Doomsday 2 in development.

That said, at one point, I was working on an Operation Body Count TC along side Corr7TC and made a lot of progress on it. But I wasn't happy with the end result and Dday 1.8.6 can't do OBC's unique features.

Well, since I'm not allowed to upload it to the ID Games archives on account of it containing an exe file (confused!), I might as well post it here.

Corr7TC v1.2:
http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/files/get/ZBt9DjTnNk/c7tcv12.zip

It's basically just v1.1 with a few presentation tweaks (text colours, particle effects and such). The version number was largely raised just to indentify it as the archive version.

It's not worth a re-download if you dared to download v1.1 when I released it.

Slide Show Add-on Pack v1.2:
http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/files/get/QphLmKVyI7/c7tccs12.zip

Similar to the above, the only changes from 1.1 are a few presentation tweaks.

A reminder about how to use; stick the PK3 in "Data/JDoom/Auto"

MP3 Muisc Remix Add-on Pack v1.2:
http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/files/get/EvFjvQK48y/c7tcmu12.zip

Remixes of 11 Corr7 tracks by Alextheuser. These are proper remixes, not just the tracks with non synth samples. I've labelled it "v1.2" to remain consistent, even though in reality the add-on, are not linked to any version of the TC.

Again, to use it, stick the PK3 in "Data/JDoom/Auto".

Vermil said:

There's no need to make a mod of another game, with Doomsday 2 in development.

Wait, is Doomsday 2 going to support Wolfenstein-engine games or something?

Per-Scan said:

Just a heads up. Those first two links didn't work (file not found). I had to search for them and then they came up:

Doh!
Links fixed. Thanks.

A bug with the med kit stations was seemingly introduced in 1.2 and found by someone (thanks soft_haxorz).

Hence, here is a new version of the TC with it fixed; it was little more than a typo in a definition:

http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/files/get/ZBt9DjTnNk/c7tcv12.zip

I also fixed a texture alignment mistake on Level11 :p

Even though, there are no differently named files and such, I'd still recommend a fresh install rather than directly overwriting the old version.

Save games made with the old version of 1.2 should be fully compatible with this new version; just copy them across (they can be found in "Run/JDoom/Savegame/Doom2").

I've updated the link in the first post.

I saw this error but I actually thought it was the fault of my installation as I've had funny glitches with a few games of late... Ah well, at least someone else was wise enough to point it out. :)

magicsofa said:

hmm I get a buffer overrun when I try to run it...

not sure why

What does it mean if I get this error when I try to run your Corridor 7?:

Buffer overrun detected!

Program: ...ser\Desktop\Corridor7unzipped\Bin\Doomsdays.exe

A buffer overrun has been detected which has corrupted the program's internal state. The program cannot safely continue execution and must now be terminated.

stathmk said:

What does it mean if I get this error when I try to run your Corridor 7?:

Buffer overrun detected!

Program: ...ser\Desktop\Corridor7unzipped\Bin\Doomsdays.exe

A buffer overrun has been detected which has corrupted the program's internal state. The program cannot safely continue execution and must now be terminated.

It looks like you've copied the TC's files to a folder on the desktop; this probably means you have a very long folder name. As was discovered further up this thread and put in the readme for the last release of the TC, Doomsday 1.8.6 (which the TC is based off) must be installed in a folder path of less than 256 characters.

I.e something like "C:\games\Corr7TC"

Couple of minor things I noticed while playing.

-When you mark a spot on the map, it marks a place about an inch above where you are actually standing.
-The sprite for the number 1 mapspot marker looks like a key rather than the number 1
-The boss at the end of level 6 has no blood decals, whereas so far, all the other monsters do.

Props to you guys, this has been fun to play through. On to level 7.

Vermil said:

It looks like you've copied the TC's files to a folder on the desktop; this probably means you have a very long folder name. As was discovered further up this thread and put in the readme for the last release of the TC, Doomsday 1.8.6 (which the TC is based off) must be installed in a folder path of less than 256 characters.

I.e something like "C:\games\Corr7TC"

Thanks, it's working now. I must be doing something wrong since I can't get past the electricity on level 1.

So, this game has 40 regular 1-player levels, plus 7 secret levels, plus 8 deathmatch levels?

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

Couple of minor things I noticed while playing.

-When you mark a spot on the map, it marks a place about an inch above where you are actually standing.
-The sprite for the number 1 mapspot marker looks like a key rather than the number 1
-The boss at the end of level 6 has no blood decals, whereas so far, all the other monsters do.

Props to you guys, this has been fun to play through. On to level 7.

1. That's a bug in Dday 1.8.6. It's been fixed since.
2. Seems the sprite used for the "1" automap marker is corrupted. Still it's a very minor thing.
3. Armoured foes don't bleed. I blanked the bullet puff sprites for the TC because the TC includes both "pellet" and "laser" hitscan weapons; Dday doesn't currently support custom puff types for hitscan weapons.

stathmk said:

Thanks, it's working now. I must be doing something wrong since I can't get past the electricity on level 1.

So, this game has 40 regular 1-player levels, plus 7 secret levels, plus 8 deathmatch levels?

Almost, Corr7 only has 6 secret maps. The TC also has a 9th deathmatch level.

Though this is the only version of Corridor 7 I've ever played, you did a very good job on this!

Just a few of questions:

1. I already got the tri-barrel gun on map03, but I can't find the key. Where am I supposed to get it?
2. There are screens that flash red saying "intruder alert" when you use them, and enemies spawn. Is this a trap, or is it opening something?
3. Those screens that say "access granted", are they giving you keys? If so, do they only give you access to the blue doors, or do they open the red doors too?
4. How different are these levels compared to the originals? I can imagine that they got a visual upgrade of course, but layout wise, is it just tweaked, or totally redone?

Thanks for the compliments and feedback on the mod (that goes for everybody who has commented in the thread :) )

1. The key for the map is located in the bottom left corner of the map, behind a red door.
2. A trap. In the original Corr7 these consoles activated all non-deaf bad guys in the immediate area as if the player had fired their weapon. Like the player firing their weapon, an activated intruder alert was blocked by doors. I considered this redundant, so I made them do something more noticeable in Corr7TC.
3. There are separate blue and red access consoles.
4. Levels 1-30 are almost completely unmodified in layout (I modified some other elements of them though). I altered the layouts for Levels 31-40 a bit though, some not very much at tall, some allot.

In hindsight though, I should probably have redone the texturing (rather than just tweaking), to improve the original games introduction and pacing of new visual themes. For instance, maybe I should have split the human base resources into two set's and used the first for Levels 1-10 and the second for Levels 11-20).

I did consider rebuilding all the maps, but I concluded that with Corr7's resources, there wasn't much I could add or improve over the original maps layouts, to make it worth it.

As mentioned in the readme for the TC, I currently still intend to re-release Corr7TC as a standard mod, rather than running off a special version of 1.8.6, once Doomsday becomes able to support mods once again. Though I'm not currently intending to do much more than port 1.2 with a few fixes and tweaks, if I get/can come up with enough ideas and inspiration, I might do some more work on the TC.

Hence any feedback on weaker aspects of the game play would be welcome.

Am stuck on level 10. In order to exit the level, I need to have found both the blue and yellow keys, and find the elevator at the end of the level. Both of these things I have done, and yet I am unable to exit. I was wondering is it possible there is a glitch in the objectives, or is it simply that I have missed something (probably something obvious.)

Also on level 8, for anyone else playing it, there is a big room running along the south edge of the level which has 5 or 6 weird green round console type things. You must destroy these in order to progress. On future levels this is given as an objective, but on level 8 this is merely a ??? objective. Took me forever to figure this out.

On Level 10, did you find the right elevator though?

One of Level 8's objective being listed as "???" was for plot purposes: the "???" is a hint that there is something to discover on the map.

Vermil said:

On Level 10, did you find the right elevator though?

I think so. There is one right at the end of the level. At the end of the one main corridor on the level there is a blue access door on the left and a red access door on the right and the exit lift (I assume) is the one behind the red access door, which you reach after you kill the boss from level 6 who reappears in that vicinity.

One of Level 8's objective being listed as "???" was for plot purposes: the "???" is a hint that there is something to discover on the map.

Yeah, perhaps I should have noticed this. Thanks Vermil. The other one of these '???' objectives that I have seen is on the level (8 I think) where you first discover the technicians and I realised just by killing everything on the level that the '???' objective was killing all those guys. heh, now I know to look for new things whenever I see those three question marks.

I'm not aware of any issue on that map; I've just scanned the map for any trigger oversights and tested the map and all appeared to be working fine.

Make sure you have the right pair of key's. As you might have noticed, there is an optional third key in Corr7TC that serves a special purpose.

The two key's needed to use the elevator are behind the blue door at the end of the main corridor and the blue door in the south west corner of the main corridor.

One could also check the triggers are functioning correctly with Dooms stage 2 map cheat (IDDT twice). This will reveal a 64x64 box right below the start elevator; if the left, top and right sides are flashing, you should be able to use the exit elevator.

Hmmm. Odd. I just IDCLEV'd to level 10, IDFA'd to get some weapons and played through the level again and this time, picking up both keys triggered the completed objectives.

I checked on my save game and yeah, I had both the correct keys, but for some reason they triggered correctly on the playthrough I just did, but not on my earlier savegame.

If it helps any, I checked that double IDDT thing you mentioned, and the left and top sides of the box were flashing but not the right hand side.

Thanks for the help, I can keep going now. :D

At map 01, when I hit the switch at line 1240, the Flats cannot be turned back on again and HOM in the sky at sectors 248 and 302.