Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
caco_killer

Want to share the new Final Fight on your PS3? Capcom says Fuck You.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/28235/Capcom_Addresses_OnlineOnly_Final_Fight_PSN_Sharing_Protection.php

For those of you who do not have a PS3, the Playstation Network has a Game Sharing feature. You can share your game with up to five separate PSN accounts. Capcom's DRM for Final Fight: Double Impact does not allow this. The game also requires you to be connected to the internet at all times while playing it.

I bought the Xbox Live Arcade version of Marvel vs. Capcom 2, but that will be the last Capcom game I get digitally. I do not want to support DRM schemes like this.

It seems that the true face of capitalism (and how it's corrupt system works) is becoming more and more apparent which this is one example among many others...

It just shows that they control the means of production while we just borrow just a piece of plastic/material to use while it goes back to the corporations/companies (It's also the entire purpose of copyright as well).

IIRC you can't share Warhawk,GT5 Prolouge & Burnout so I don't understand the outrage over this except for the lack of disclosure.
The use of Ubisoft DRM OTOH is unacceptable and unnecessary. ATM its impossible to pirate PS3 games. You can pirate XBLA games if you have a JTAG Xbox yet that lacks DRM.

This sucks and all, but it seems like all the games that get crazy DRM are games I don't care to play.

/random observation

DaMan said:

IIRC you can't share Warhawk,GT5 Prolouge & Burnout so I don't understand the outrage over this except for the lack of disclosure.

Those games had physical releases. The choice to download them via PSN was only optional.

I already have Streets of Rage 2 and Final Fight is pretty meh by comparison (IMO), so I wasn't even considering buying it. The co-op for these games turn into ghost towns after two weeks anyway, so it's especially not worth the $10, when I can get something like Perfect Dark for the same price.

Guest DILDOMASTER666
DaMan said:

IIRC you can't share Warhawk

I would merely like to point out that this is not true; I got Warhawk along with all of the expansion packs from a buddy and it works fine.

Other than that little tidbit, this thread is just the same meef-shmadda-shmadda that's been going around about DRM forever. I just don't care to share my opinion anymore, as I'm sure everyone has heard everyone's opinion enough already.

Stop buying Capcom, that is the only way to say Fuck You in return.

Mr. Chris said:

Stop buying Capcom, that is the only way to say Fuck You in return.

No way dude. Especially with Super Street Fighter 4 right around the corner. Also, big deal, so you can't share it with friends. Tell them to get a damn job and buy it themselves, those lazy bastards.

brinks said:

Also, big deal, so you can't share it with friends. Tell them to get a damn job and buy it themselves, those lazy bastards.

Tell that to BlockBuster.

Will I sound repetitive and "wooden languaged" if I say that it's the average Joe consumer that made such "everything connected, always connected, anywhere, everywhere" systems so popular, and that said average Joe Consumer if pleased enough is something plugs in and works (kinda like a Mac), without giving a shit about the ethics, system/economic requirements and meta-semantics behind it?

Wake up, y'all. Somebody who buys a Ferrari or any sports car doesn't expect it to be economic. Similarly the modern games doesn't care if the game is free, shareable or whatever. He just pops it in/downloads it without getting his ass off his couch and plays it. At most he'll give some Indian call center guy hell just to vent.

As if modern gamers care about playing Final Fight or Magic sword... or anyone for that matter when you can get both (and more) for the same price on the Capcom Classics Collection.