Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clonehunter

What Game do you think should be made into a movie?

I think Chasm: The Rift would work, Modern Warfare 2, and maybe a Doom remake, perhaps more closely follow Doom 3 or Doom Classic.

I don't know why Universal didn't reuse the already established story of Doom 3 to write the one for the Doom Movie, yet they uses Doom 3 monster models, albeit much more disgusting. Matthew Costello didn't approve?

As to answer your question? Wolfenstein. I don't think much could go wrong if it uses Nazis and Hitler.

I think Mega Man would translate into a cool film. Maybe the Wachowski's could make it or something.

I wouldn't mind Ridley Scott reviving the classic cyberpunk genre with a Deus Ex movie.

I'd think Mirror's Edge would translate into a decent movie, think of the Nike Product placement opportunities! Max Payne had such potential if it more closely followed the game's plot than that crap they made into the movie. The MGS series doesn't need a movie. Quake 2 and Halo are basically Starship Troopers.

Bioshock has a good story and universe with plenty of space for expansion (not played or seen 2 in action though - not sure if that game damages it or whatever), so I think a film in that environment would work. Only problems are if they followed the plot of the game too closely it would fail; if they dissappointed the fans it'd ultimately be a failure and if they made it a traditional horror or disaster movie (which both seem plausible directions to take the idea) it'd fail because neither of those two genres ever REALLY succeed. They tend to provide light comedy value through being bad.

the_lurker said:

Quake 2 and Halo are basically Starship Troopers.

You obviously mean the movie and not the book, which had nothing to do with the movie.

I think a cool fictional SWAT movie would be kinda fun to watch: Counter-Strike.

Or make a Tokyo Drift kind of movie titled Burnout.

But my serious opinion? Make a Ninja Gaiden movie. If they fail, we will behead them.

And is it me or does Ninja Gaiden get more ridiculous as it goes on? Dragons? T-rex monster?

Ninjalah said:

I think a cool fictional SWAT movie would be kinda fun to watch: Counter-Strike.

You mean like... SWAT? (or any number of movies concerning SWAT, SEAL, or whaever.. terrorists etc. Making one to just name it Counterstrike would be pretty redundant, wouldn't it?)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0257076/

Ninjalah said:

Or make a Tokyo Drift kind of movie titled Burnout.

Same thing here. If you want a Tokyo Drift movie go watch "Fast and the furious, Tokyo Drift"
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0463985/

Ninjalah said:

But my serious opinion? Make a Ninja Gaiden movie. If they fail, we will behead them.

Anyone actually cares about the Ninja Gaiden story?

kristus said:

You mean like... SWAT? (or any number of movies concerning SWAT, SEAL, or whaever.. terrorists etc. Making one to just name it Counterstrike would be pretty redundant, wouldn't it?)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0257076/

Gonna have to look into that...

kristus said:

Same thing here. If you want a Tokyo Drift movie go watch "Fast and the furious, Tokyo Drift"
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0463985/

I'm good, wasn't serious about that one. A "Full Auto" movie sounds more interesting, but that's Death Race...

kristus said:

Anyone actually cares about the Ninja Gaiden story?

Nope, I just want bloodshed.

Haven't seen Ninja Assassin, simply because it sounds like a 5th grader titled it. How is it?

Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden - Chapter 1 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa

albion. it'd have a giganormous budget and spectalicious cgi, but the complicated plot needs some raping to fit into 3 hours and every idiot's head. so it'd be a movie about a humankind ship going to mine out a planet with cat-like natives living in a lush jungle. james cameron would direct it and everyone would go nuts how original it is.