Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lizardcommando

Quick noobish mapping question

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Can someone tell me how to get rid of that extra linedef thing at the top of the door? I made the door in Wadauthor and then added the textures in Doom Builder 2. Please help.

Doom doesn't stop rendering textures in skys (It looks like your using GL, which I assume carried over the effect). There are ways to clip the texture, such as Line_SetIdentification (if you're using the hexen format).

Alright, I'll post the map.

It's supposed to be for GZDoom. Also, this thing is far from being finished...I still have to remove the weapons, disable the HUD somehow, and make some more new textures and decorations. Just keep that in mind.

You can't (at-least to my experience, someone may prove me wrong). The way you have made that building prevents you from doing anything special with it. If its supposed to be for GZdoom, you might as well use 3dfloors (and that requires either the hexen or UDMF map format).

The problem you have is that there is no way to create the sky effect, because you have already lowered the ceiling. The upper texture is then used as normal (no desired, but there really isn't much you can do about that).

Simplest solution I can see is to surround the building (sector 7) with another sector of equal height.

I know. I'm trying to design a simple kiddie game in Doom. Also, the lighting has been set all the way up to the max settings.