Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
legolas558

Forking GZDoom, anyone?

Nope, the actual repository is available (with anonymous access) here:

svn co http://www.crowproductions.de/repos/prboom/branches/prboom-plus-24/prboom2
If that repository wasn't meant to be public then you should close the hole; otherwise I think there should be some page with some information about it :)

I am currently fixing some bugs like:
error: ‘uint64_t’ undeclared (first use in this function)
The fixing patch is:
Index: src/r_main.c
===================================================================
--- src/r_main.c        (revisione 3471)
+++ src/r_main.c        (copia locale)
@@ -59,6 +59,7 @@
 #include "r_fps.h"
 #include <math.h>
 #include "e6y.h"//e6y
+#include <stdint.h>

// See OTTAWAU.WAD E1M1, sectors 226 and 300
 // http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=1651
Edit: added patch

legolas558 said:

I am currently fixing some bugs like:

some ≠ 1

legolas558 said:

added patch

Wrong. You have to replace uint64_t with uint_64_t.

legolas558 said:

Edit: added patch

That patch won't work with MSVC which does not have stdint.h. Don't break the source. :P

entryway said:
some ≠ 1

minor bugs, otherwise I most probably wouldn't be able to fix'em :)

Anyway the others are outside my capabilities: a dead body on the elevator is blocking me from jumping down on Doom2's map01 (right after activating the switch for the external secret area), and Imps and player seem able to stand on an invisible step of the small stairway introducing me in the big room before the external area with the shotgun.

I am not particularly worried about these issues, they most probably are there to respect compatibility with vanilla Doom

uint_64_t

A better fix, indeed.

I have defined "USE_VBO" as you suggested, however I am not able to sense any difference in performance between the 2 versions - it is very fast in both modes!

legolas558 said:

I have defined "USE_VBO" as you suggested, however I am not able to sense any difference in performance between the 2 versions - it is very fast in both modes!

As I said before, it is noticeable only with very big gl_sky_detail (which has no sense). For my hardware (8800 GTS) with "gl_sky_detail 32768" (more than 2kk triangles for sky) I have:

glboom-plus_vbo.exe - 46 fps
glboom-plus_vertex_arrays.exe - 8 fps
glboom-plus_immediate.exe - 5-6 fps

If you do not have similar difference, then VBO is not initialized or SkyDome is not used by some reason.

entryway said:
As I said before, it is noticeable only with very big gl_sky_detail (which has no sense). For my hardware (8800 GTS) with "gl_sky_detail 32768" (more than 2kk triangles for sky) I have:

glboom-plus_vbo.exe - 46 fps
glboom-plus_vertex_arrays.exe - 8 fps
glboom-plus_immediate.exe - 5-6 fps

If you do not have similar difference, then VBO is not initialized or SkyDome is not used by some reason.

Sorry but I can't find how to enable the FPS counter - is documentation lacking or perhaps am I blind? :(

legolas558 said:

Sorry but I can't find how to enable the FPS counter - is documentation lacking or perhaps am I blind? :(

gl_vsync 0 + 'IDRATE' cheat, but the difference between 5 and 50 is felt without that :)
(do not forget to remove upper limit for gl_sky_detail in m_misc.c)