Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sonic01965

Hexen Problem [in Doomsday engine]

Ok, the reason I haven't played Hexen in a while is because of this:
a couple of months ago, I started a new game with the Mage on the default diffaculty (can't remember the name of it at the time.)on doomsday engine. I got all the way to hypostyle and made it to the fight with the flying dragon thing over the pit. I used my best weapons and it didn't die. So i used the item that gives you full manna. (Also cant remember the name of it.) Still didn't die, Used it like 2 times, Nothing! so i got to the point where i had to use the kill command in the console with the tilde key (~). it said 2 monsters killed but the dragon didn't die! as a final option i swiched levels and tried the kill command again. finally got it! Then i could continue playing!

But when i got to one of the chapels, I was up against 2 of the creatures that fly around and spit fire at u. I got the same problem as above. eventually I gave up and havent played Hexen since...:(

Can somebody help me with this. Any info would be appreaciated.

(Sorry for not remembering anything. I havent played the game in a while.)

(If this is in the wrong forum please move it.)

sonic01965

Not dying even from the precise and infinite ammo sapphire wand?

This was a bug in one of the early 1.9 beta 6.x's of Doomsday.

Bad guys with the "Dormant" flag were accidently waking up like normal bad guys and retaining the invunerability effect of the flag, rather than only waking up once the required trigger(s) had been activated.

It's been fixed since. So either download the latest 1.9 beta (6.9, as of writing) or use 1.8.6.

Vermil said:

Bad guys with the "Dormant" flag were accidently waking up like normal bad guys and retaining the invunerability effect of the flag, rather than only waking up once the required trigger(s) had been activated.

That's disturbing and somewhat insidious, considering that for a while I had reasons to avoid newer versions (some bugs which had to be fixed).

Indeed, it wasn't amusing to be chased around by 100 odd immortal Reivers :p

All the Reivers on the Necropolis are physically present when the map starts, but kept underground until the required time using the dormant flag.

But yeah, as I'm sure you know, 1.8.6 is the version that should be used for general play.