Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OverlordRhode

Creating Outdoor Areas Problem

I have a wall currently on my map that, from one side, the texture choosen for it is correct, though it for some reason is using the 'upper' side def, instead of the middle where most wall textures go.

When this wall is viewed from the other side, you can see right through it, even though I've tried placing a texture in upper, middle, and lower.

I have double-sided checked in the properties, so I'm not sure really why I would not be able to see my texture there, or at least the red texture that says your texture is missing.

Ideas?

Edit:I was redirected to this forum from the doom builder forum.
Basically, creating an outdoor area. I don't seem to be doing it right from what I was told in the other topic I had going in the doom builder forum. I have the floor and ceiling height the same, which is what I had read somewhere to make an outdoor area.

This seems to create a problem with any sectors that come in contact with it, as the textures won't appear.

never ever use that retarded site again

downloading now after searching for the link buried in six feet of poop

um...

is this supposed to be zdoom (doom in hexen format) ??? took me several guesses

where are these SHOOL textures?

Yes, it is zdoom in hexen format.

They're in a separate resource. I didn't feel i needed to include that. If they were simply missing, you'd still have, in doom builder, the red warning symbols showing, but at least you know a texture is supposed to be there.

EDIT: While I use doombuilder, it simply is see through, instead of showing the red warning symbols. I've tried even putting the texture in all three spots, upper, middle and lower to see if that would fix it, but it doesn't.

One interesting thing though, is on the inside wall, the wall that touches the sector with the matching height and ceiling hieght, it requires it to be on the 'upper' texture. It's strange that the inside wall would require this instead of it being put in the 'middle' zone.

oh kewl...Not only is this a 'first map', but it's the FIRST ROOM of a 'first map'! A star is born.

Raise your ceilings to your "outside" areas and give them F_SKY1. Remove the middle textures on the 2-sided lines that lead to your "outside".

Everyone's got to start somewhere.

I've turned up the height, and given the outside sectors the F_SKY1 as the ceiling, but they simply apply that texture as an actual ceiling texture instead of changing it to a sky background.

I've removed the middle textures on the sectors bordering the outside area, but I'd like to have a wall on the outside of the building.

Holy Christ... I just visited that website and clicked "Download" - whereupon I was directed to a webpage which had a dictionary definition of the word Download.... and no option to download the wad file.

Open Map01 of the Doom2 iwad in your editor and look how they've done it.

MajorRawne said:

Holy Christ... I just visited that website and clicked "Download" - whereupon I was directed to a webpage which had a dictionary definition of the word Download.... and no option to download the wad file.

The link is actually there. But they obviously want you not to see it too early but to click on the ads instead. Most retarded and shared hoster ever.

bytor said:

Open Map01 of the Doom2 iwad in your editor and look how they've done it.

I smashed my head into my keyboard upon reading this.

A simple solution. One that makes me stupid for not thinking of.
Upon trying to play test the first doom level, it says there's a bad texture directory, which I find slightly ironic considering there have been no changes done to the doom2.wad

But I did what it was doing, and I got it to work successfully.
Thanks for the help on that. I'll look to the original wads for any of those basic editing needs.

Lots can be learned from the OG

You probably realized this, but the sky you see in doombuilder is just a placeholder flat