Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Foodles

Line ID problems

Im trying to use the line_setblocking function in zdoom scripting, I want to make it so that the line blocks creatures (players and monsters) if a switch has been pressed. I've set the lines I want to become blocking as lineid 1 and I entered this into the script:

line_setblocking(1, 1);
[where the second 1 is the flag that blocks creatures]

however this error message comes up when I press compile script:

"function line_setblocking is used but not defined"

I dont want what this means, maybe I am doing something obviously wrong but if you can help then I would be grateful

(I used the linedef action 121 to assign the lineIDs)

Do you have this at the start of your ACS file/script lump?

#include "zcommon.acs"
If not, add it as the first line in your ACS file and try again.

Yeah I got that, the script with the problem is script 15, the others all work fine, dont know if this is important but I'm using ZDOOM v2.3.1 (r1480) perhaps the line_setblocking doesnt exist on that version? (I say that only because I know that there was an older function setlineblocking that is no longer used).

If its coming up when you compile the script, it's nothing to do with the Zdoom executable but something to do with either your script or the version of ACS that you have. Is your version of ACS up to date? Ver 1.49 is the current official build and there are even newer unofficial versions at DRD team.

http://zdoom.org/Download

http://svn.drdteam.org/ACC/

BTW, the error you are getting means exactly what it says: You have used a command in your script that ACC doesn't know how to deal with (ie, it is undefined - usually for one of the reasons I have suggested (ie lack of zcommon.acs or wrong ACC version)). Another possibility is just that you have made a typo in your script and the name is slightly different somehow.

[edit] BTW, I was just able to get a script with Line_Setblocking in it to compile but it needed 3 parameters, not 2 to do so. So, as well as having the undefined error, when you get that sorted out, you will also get an "invalid number of parameters" error.[/edit]

Enjay said:

If its coming up when you compile the script, it's nothing to do with the Zdoom executable but something to do with either your script or the version of ACS that you have. Is your version of ACS up to date? Ver 1.49 is the current official build and there are even newer unofficial versions at DRD team.

The "unofficial" version at DRD team is only a package of .acs files that needs to be used in order to have access to some recently-added features. The executable (the actual ACC.EXE) has to be obtained from the official site.

Ok so i downloaded ACC 1.49 Windows Version from the ZDOOM site, i also downloaded the newest version of ZDOOM and selected it as the testing Application however it still refuses to work.
the text in my script:
"line_setblocking"
appears in blue so I assume that means that is typed in correct and everything.

I added in the third parameter as 0 (zero)

OK, well I'm starting to get out of my depth a little because I don't use DoomBuilder so I don't know exactly where all the files need to be for it. Have you made sure that the files you just downloaded replaced the original ACC.EXE and the various Z*.ACS files that you were using before?

Like I said, with my setup, it does compile.

Heres exactly what I have done,
I set the testing application to zdoom v2.4.1 (r2125) and put that in a folder along with the acc stuff I just downloaded, I tested it and ZDOOM runs fine and everything, This has replace the older version of ZDOOM (and I presume the older version of acs as well?) I then reloaded the resources on my wad.

EDIT: probably should mention it still doesnt work

OK, I *think* that when you install DB2 (assuming that's what you are using) it creates a sub directory called

compilers/zdoom

That's where you need to make sure you put the new ACC.EXE and *.ACS files. That is (AFAIK) where DB2 looks to find those files and if you have not replaced them, it will still be trying to use the older versions that came with DB2. The version of Zdoom that you are using is irrelevant to the compiling process. That only comes in to play when... well, when you want to play. ;)

Yes!
I replaced the files in the DB2/Compilers/zdoom with the newly downloaded stuff and it works now, thanks a lot.