THE GMoD

XWE Fails.

Well today I booted up XWE and was greeted with 2 error messages on startup
:
The first was:

"Failed to create key .WAD."

and the other right after the first:

"List index out of bounds (0)"

So I think alright... Well XWE still started lets load my wad That, btw, I have been working on for a little while with no problem.
So I go File\Open\Doom Mod and I am given:

"Access violation at address 00442E5SA in module 'XEW.exe', Read at address 0000050."

When I click OK XWE remains open but my .wad is not loaded.

Just some quick info:
I am running Windows 7 Ultimate x86 with XWE Version 1.14 for Windows 32bit.

XWE is an old program that is no longer maintained because the developer did not have the time anymore.

While the source code has been released, nobody has picked it up since apparently Delphi is not that popular.

There are workarounds for these two problems, which you can probably find through the ever-useful search feature of the forums, but do not expect to ever see a fixed version of XWE available, so maybe you should look at other tools...

Gez said:

XWE is an old program that is no longer maintained because the developer did not have the time anymore.

While the source code has been released, nobody has picked it up since apparently Delphi is not that popular.

There are workarounds for these two problems, which you can probably find through the ever-useful search feature of the forums, but do not expect to ever see a fixed version of XWE available, so maybe you should look at other tools...

Can you recommend a tool that will work with Windows 7 that can import and export images to use as sprites? I fail at finding a good one :/.