Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FireSeraphim

a slight confession to make

Do you think that I am heretic?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that I am heretic?

• Yes, Now burn in hell you Heretic!!
    • No, We can all forgive you for being one.

Enjay said:

LOL :)

You'd better not visit Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch. Just in case you take a dislike to the place. That might break the forum layout.

Phew! That was a lucky escape for the forum. I like Wales and have been to Anglesey and Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch. ;)

Philnemba said:

Just to warn yall the commentary sucks and its about 10-15 videos.

That was horrible. Register Hypercam 2 or something before you ever do that again.

Philnemba said:

Yep pretty much what Ahcruna said is correct and true.

No, it's not really. A Phono splitter and a male-to-male phono cord from that to your mic input would have sufficed. that's waht, 10 dollars, to improve the quality of your Let's Plays tenfold? I say it's a good investment. And If you really want audio that's good, get a USB external sound device and record your voice separately.

If you're going to make let's play videos invest in a cheap usb condenser mic (Samson mics are very good and affordable). They go along-way compared to shit high impedance mics everyone uses. The whole reason I watch let's pla is for the commentary.

Technician said:

If you're going to make let's play videos invest in a cheap usb condenser mic (Samson mics are very good and affordable). They go along-way compared to shit high impedance mics everyone uses. The whole reason I watch let's pla is for the commentary.

Yeah, something that will cut that proximity effect out.

Csonicgo said:

No, it's not really.

Heh, yeah I'm aware of other ways to go around this without bothering with sofware.

I was really going after the fact that most people that do Let's Play videos wont bother using any special harware or cables to record a video. The majority mainly use software, which is pain-full to watch through. [EDIT] (I'm ofcourse talking about the ones from a few years ago. now days people do great Let's Play's)

His video pretty much looked like what I said.

Any of the suggestions you mentiond are good, and better then just relying on software.

Technician said:

Just make sure you're purchasing said microphone from a retailer that actually has them in stock, and not one that has mistakenly listed it under the ID number of a different, incompatible microphone. (i.e. not The Price Pros via Amazon.com.)

WildWeasel said:

Just make sure you're purchasing said microphone from a retailer that actually has them in stock, and not one that has mistakenly listed it under the ID number of a different, incompatible microphone. (i.e. not The Price Pros via Amazon.com.)

Amazon has lost my trust recently with stuff like that. Amazon is falling prey to the same thing Ebay has with their scams on software products and even flash drives (some are duds or not even to capacity, and some have ~100 write cycles).

So watch out, whatever site you go to. :)

EDIT: If I were an Emulator Writer, I'd look into saving the user's playing as a "movie", then export that as an AVI file or something similar to import into video software. That way, there'd be no more UNREGISTERED HyperCam 2, or Fraps, or--- *shiver* horrible camcorders recording the monitor/TV at an angle.

You know, now that you mention it I'm sure some of the emulators do support that. From what I can recall though, some of them won't let you record the video stream and audio at the same time, but that can be remedied by recording a play back and then later record the sound and video seperatly. Which is still inferior though since it takes a longer time then a direct stream copy =p

MajorRawne said:

I am Major Rawne and this is goodbye.

Is that an "I'm leaving and never coming back" post? :P

GreyGhost - Haha, you wish! :D I thought the thread was gonna get Helled and I thought that would make a fantastic last post :)

I used to write Doom reviews a few years back and I forgot all my site passwords and stuff so I can't re-open it. There were only a few reviews anyway but people seemed to like them. I'd actually rather do video reviews. Trouble is I have got no idea how to go about it.

MajorRawne said:

GreyGhost - Haha, you wish! :D I thought the thread was gonna get Helled and I thought that would make a fantastic last post :)

So you're saying you made an "inb4ph" post?

MajorRawne said:

When this thread goes to Post Hell, I will have had 2 posts in it, and that somehow makes me feel like a man.

I am Major Rawne and this is goodbye.

FAQ

Let the record state that I have no idea what you're talking about or who you are.

printz said:

Citereh eht yortsed!

Citereh su ot bmuccus!

Csonicgo said:

No, it's not really. A Phono splitter and a male-to-male phono cord from that to your mic input would have sufficed. that's waht, 10 dollars, to improve the quality of your Let's Plays tenfold? I say it's a good investment. And If you really want audio that's good, get a USB external sound device and record your voice separately.

I haven't done any Playthrough videos in a while since my Splatterhouse 2 playthrough last summer. Now of these days I just do Doom videos vie Fraps.

Ichor said:

Citereh su ot bmuccus!

Citereh naem I ,hctiw eht nrub!