Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Abyssalstudios1

I need deep water help

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/22377002/Unit_Circle.wad

Awright, there's a link to a WIP of mine. Being a WIP, please don't tell me about the many problems this map has. I'm aware of them, and they're on my list of things to do.

However, one special problem is pissing me off something awful. The deep water. The ocean around the fortress needs to be deep water. I've tried various combinations of flags and heights, to no avail. The control sector is directly north of the player start, which is east of the main area.

If you could generate any kind of successful deep-water effect for me, I would be exceptionally grateful.

Making deep water is not as hard as it seems.

Here's my tutorial:

1) MAKE SURE YOU'RE RUNNING DOOM IN HEXEN FORMAT! OR ANOTHER ENGINE THAT SUPPORTS THE DEEP WATER EFFECT!

2) Create A Sector For The Water And Make The Sectors Floor To How Deep You Want It. Make sure to give the water a water texture!

3) Create a fake (dummy) sector, a 64x64 sector located outside of the map.

4) Give the ceiling a water texture and the floor a texture that you want to see under the water such as sand under the ocean.

5) Make the sectors ceiling height to as high as the REAL sector and the floor hieght to as high as you want the water to be.

6) Select one of the lindef and selec the action: Transfer > Transfer Heights

7) Fill in the variables.

8) Put a deep water entity into the fake sector OR go to the action variable thingy and select options then enable water under fake sector.

9) Don't drown! ;D

Keonesan said:

Making deep water is not as hard as it seems.

Here's my tutorial:

1) MAKE SURE YOU'RE RUNNING DOOM IN HEXEN FORMAT! OR ANOTHER ENGINE THAT SUPPORTS THE DEEP WATER EFFECT!

2) Create A Sector For The Water And Make The Sectors Floor To How Deep You Want It. Make sure to give the water a water texture!

3) Create a fake (dummy) sector, a 64x64 sector located outside of the map.

4) Give the ceiling a water texture and the floor a texture that you want to see under the water such as sand under the ocean.

5) Make the sectors ceiling height to as high as the REAL sector and the floor hieght to as high as you want the water to be.

6) Select one of the lindef and selec the action: Transfer > Transfer Heights

7) Fill in the variables.

8) Put a deep water entity into the fake sector OR go to the action variable thingy and select options then enable water under fake sector.

9) Don't drown! ;D

Transfer Heights: A ZDoom Innovation(TM)

Transfer_Heights and deep water has been a feature of Boom for.. some time. Likely before ZDoom either existed or adopted the boom editing features.

Yes but in Boom you can't swim can you? You can't even drown. So it's really more of a decorative effect in Boom.

Yes.

But the deep water effect doesn't need Hexen map format. Legacy also defines this and ZDoom supports the Legacy linedef (It's type 280.)