Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
dr_st

It zucks!

Yes it does!

I've got a test tomorrow, and I don't know half of the last chapter.

We've got like 80 students taking this class, and our teacher is too damn lazy when it comes to grading papers, so he decided the test will be just 25 yes/no questions. Last time he did something similar I got 75, which zucked.

And then I got 3 more tests, and only then a brief vacation.

Lazy teachers is one of the worst things to experience in a school. That and arsehole teachers, who fail people they don't like.

GRRRRRR!

Bah.

Tests are worthless. If you're not quick, you fail. They'd work properly if there weren't time limits.

Ever sat a 4 hour A-Level paper? That's pain.

What sought of answers do you give in this test? Is it like a vocab test, just one word or phrase? If so, I used to do the revison for them last thing before the test, even in the room, always seemed to work.

Ever sat a 4 hour A-Level paper? That's pain.

Pfff! I've had lots of those. I've even had some 5-hour tests.

I like tests. I always get A's on them somehow. Its homework I can't stand. I mean...theres home, then there's school...the two just don't go together.

Some tests can be entertaining and highly satisfying (if you do a good job and you know it), but others can suck balls.
I agree with the dannyboy: Homework sucks. It always requires an insane amount of willpower to begin working on your homework.

Yes...either mess with my computer, or write something about crap I'm never gonna use...hard choice indeed.

well, go study now before it's too late, try to get as much time to prepare as you can have from now.

"Teachers get lazy" - happens in America, that's sure. Europe..not sure, but in Asia, unlikely happens

I like tests. I always get A's on them somehow. Its homework I can't stand. I mean...theres home, then there's school...the two just don't go together.

*insert cren's favourite line here*

dsm, which A levels did you do?

I did English, History and Economics, got ABC respectively.

Well, my tezt starts about two hours from now...

It's an Algebra tezt.

I'm still not sure I'm ready. Bah, fuck it. I'll just go there and do all I can.

The thing with such tezts, is that if you make 3 mistakes in 25 questions, you already get below 90, and it zucks.

The tezt it 3 hours so we've got around 7 minutes per-question. That zounds fair.

And I don't like time limits too. Zometimes I do just fine with 'em, like last tezt we've had, I've finished it an hour early, but zometimes I feel I could uze zome more time...

What pizzes me off completely is that zertain ztudents, which are considered "dyslexic" or "with difficulties", get an extra hour, and they are allowed to uze their notebooks (not computers, the paper kind), while we, the "normal" ztudents have to remember all the formulas and rules we may need...

Oh well, wish me luck.

dsm, which A levels did you do?

English and German - those where the ones which took 5 hours.

Question: Is an "A-level" test the Brit equivalent of the SAT II test? A subject-specific standardized test for college credit? Just asking. :)

Well, my tezt is over and I'm home again. As I zaid, we were given 3 hours to do it. I've finished it in like 50 minutes, and then double-checked (found one miztake in the prozess, and fixed it). Still an hour before official end time I handed in the paper and went outzide to look for out teacher.

Zince it was a yes/no tezt, I asked the teacher if he had the anzwer key, so I could check myzelf. He did, so I went over it. It turned out that my teacher had 3 miztakes in his anzwer key, but we fixzed them, and hopefully, I will get a 100 score on this one. Unless zomeone else finds errors which I and my teacher didn't find (exactly what happened last time).

All well that ends well. Now it'z time to start preparing for my next tezt, on Sunday.

Question: Is an "A-level" test the Brit equivalent of the SAT II test? A subject-specific standardized test for college credit? Just asking. :)

If you mean something that takes you two years of study for between the ages of 16/17 to 17/18, takes roughly 11 hours of examinations and 4000 words of coursework to get a grade, and to which your whole university application and/or future career hang on, then yes.

man assholes suck!!! i got this asshole of a math teacher. damn most of the teachers at my school were in the military but for the most part they are all laid back and cool. not this nut monkey, he treats the class like shit. i think he called us bastards under his breath once. he has even come in with a hang over a few times, oh did i mention this guy also works nights in a bar. his eyes also look like there gonna fall out of his skull, probaly puts some coke in his coffe. man all this guy does is yell so we dont do anything and let him. assholes suck and i found out he lives down the street from my dad. hey a few rolls of toilet paper, a bucket full of rotten corn and the dead squirrles in my neighboors yard just might end up in his yard. i know revenge solves nothing but damn it feels grrrreat. did i mention he was an ass goblin

Oops...I just remembered...finals start tomorrow. I guess I better bring some CDs and a book with me so I don't get bored.

Fah, I hate tests. I've a chemistry test to take tomorrow, which I don't know shit about.
School sux. Hard.

damn most of the teachers at my school were in the military but for the most part they are all laid back and cool.

Was this arsegoblin in the military too, or is he just a civie prat.
Yeah, some former troops can be really cool people in their civie life.

he has even come in with a hang over a few times

Heh, this reminded me of a dumbarse Sergeant one of my pals in my neighbouring platoon had.

My platoon's biggest wuss once overslept and as punishment we were to run a couple of miles extra. This Sarge here was given charge over us and damn he was drunk.
He acted like a total jerk - one of my buddies couldn't take it (got exhausted), he got yelled at and when he couldn't continue, he was ordered to report to our C.O. for "disobedience".
However, you cannot be punished for not being able to take the physical stress (at least not in this army unit), so our C.O., surprised about one of his soldiers reported that he had been disobedient because he couldn't take the physical stress on an extra long morning run, told my buddy that he couldn't be punished, but he would like to see this Sergeant in his office on the double, hehehe.

Fah, I hate tests. I've a chemistry test to take tomorrow, which I don't know shit about.
School sux. Hard.

IT'S OVER!!! today was the last day of my finals, I got a 95% of my art final, 84% on my bio, pretty sure I got a high A on my history final, and I'm pretty sure I failed my spanish. Kinda fucked up that an honor A-B student failed spanish, I probably have to take it again next year, but whatever, I need to give my postcoung a little boost.

I Dispise study. but if i want a decent job, i gotta go through uni. GARN!! Pay money to do more work!? FUCK THAT!!! isn't 12 years of my life long enought??

I Dispise study. but if i want a decent job, i gotta go through uni. GARN!! Pay money to do more work!? FUCK THAT!!! isn't 12 years of my life long enought??

Probably not, considering how you spell "dispise" and "enought".

Nah, you don't need uni, just college. Me,I probably won't need either because of my writing skills, but I'm going to do college anyway just for the experience, and to please my parents (you gotta grease the wheel a little, after all :p), but in the end I'll probably end up doing writing as my profession.

but in the end I'll probably end up doing writing as my profession.

That's what I say.

That and music.

Of course, I know almost nothing about writing, but I at least have idea.

I might write novels, but only with hopes that they get made into movies (and that I have a say in the script).

School sux. Hard.

It's too late, Doomboy, your stupidity in the field of chemistry cannot be concealed!!! :P