Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BlueEagle

[Freeware Game] GunGirl 2 looking for Beta testers

Hey guys!

Besides making Unloved for GZdoom, I've been making a freeware game called GunGirl 2 in my free time. The game has been in the making for about 2 years now and I am finally able to release it in the next couple of weeks. This means, that I am in need of a few people who are willing to help me test the game and give me feedback about it.

What the game is about :
- 2d sidescrolling platformer
- 6 weapons, all with unique upgrades and level ups
- fast paced zombie killing action
- lots of blood and gore
- solve quests and run around a huge world
- find portals and travel through hell
- get power-ups and upgrades for almost every weapon and ability

some pictures:

and a Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcdJ-kKMZG8

If you want to help me, please post a reply, send a pm or email me at paulinthenet_at_gmx.de. Please send me your email adress and tell me what name you want in the credits.

Beta testing will be starting this weekend or next week and will last for about one or two weeks. If you want to test, please keep in mind to write a detailled report. No matter if you find bugs, have ideas on improvement, general feedback about stuff or if you want to discuss aspects of the game - I'm open for anything.

Thanks!

you can also check out gungirl2.com for more information about the game.

Hey, that looks pretty cool. I'd happily give it a whirl later on today (need to finish studying ATM, have an exam in 3 hours)

pretty cool looking. I'm not sure why, but the first few screenshots remind me of Quake for some reason. Maybe its the spikes and chainsaw zmobie thing.

Hey cel-shaded ROCK5 in the third screenshot

Kinda reminds me of a more cartoonish/cel-shaded version of Soldat, atleast just by looking that the shots. I'll definitely keep my eyes on this :)

Glad you like the style. It's very cartoonish yes, but the majority of gore effects are made from real photos and are quite excessive to give the game a sense of being for adults.

@40oz: Yes, I'm using quite a few of modified Doom textures for the repeatable tiles. It takes a lot of time to draw them so you can tile them in every direction. And of course I love Doom and people who know it will maybe recognize it and find it funny :)

It's a freeware game, so I hope this won't hurt anybody since I don't use the actual files from Doom but ones that are painted over.

@ArmouredBlood: I'm glad to hear! Please send me a PM and tell me your email adress and what name you want in the credits. I will send you a download link via mail as soon as the game is ready to be tested (within next couple of days).

Ah, so you're behind this really interesting game I saw on youtube :) I got pretty surprised that you're a member here.

I was excited to offer a hand in beta-testing, but I see it will start within this and next week... Unfortunately, I'm busy so I can't help, but I hope it turns out well :)

It's a freeware game, so I hope this won't hurt anybody since I don't use the actual files from Doom but ones that are painted over.

You might want to consider using FreeDoom resources instead, that way you wouldn't have to worry.