Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TraderEddy

[deleted]

You don't.

First of all, there's a difference between joining sectors and merging sectors, which is whether the editor removes shared lines. I guess you are using doombuilder but I don't remember if J does Join or Merge. Anyway, you can join adjacent sectors and no lines are removed, but if you merge adjacent sectors any lines that reference both sectors will be deleted.

Now, as for un-merging, I'm pretty positive you can't do that. Unless doombuilder 2 has this feature...anyway, if you think about it the program would have to go through and decide where to split the sectors, which may not be obvious. To do this you simply have to re-draw one of the sectors. Essentially, just trace over the area you want to split off.

DB2 does have a "make sector" mode which unmerges stuff.

And there is the old fashioned way. Make a new sector, give it the attributes that you want then make all relevant side defs reference the new sector instead of the old merged one.

Before DB2's unmerge feature (which saves me enormous amounts of time) I would just draw over the sector I wanted unmerged in DB1. Seemed to do the trick most of the time, though it can be time consuming.