Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Technician

Infinate landscape

I'm making a wad for Skulltag and I've always been fond of the infinate landscape effect I often see. I can't really wrap my head around how you do that or find a tutorial. Is this a standard feature to Zdoom like deep water?

In ZDoom-based ports, it's done by applying special 9: Line_Horizon to the surrounding walls that you want the horizon to be drawn onto.

My God, it's that easy. I've spend a quite a while going through all the pull downs and searching Youtube.

Does the ZDoom wiki go into detail? I don't want to make anymore useless threads.

Technician said:

Does the ZDoom wiki go into detail? I don't want to make anymore useless threads.

Yes, the ZDoom WIKI does go into detail on just about any subject that affects the ZDoom/GZDoom environment.

However, unless you know the exact terminology its a hit and miss proposition of finding the answers to your quest.
Gez and I have a bit of a different view on that subject. I do agree with him, that to categorize every bit of
information into a working index system, would be too much of a challenge.

You could try the search function, in which case correct spelling becomes an issue, or you could try the
link to all pages http://zdoom.org/wiki/Special:AllPages , and look for a key word.
Or, as you did just now, ask for help, get a good answers and go to the ZDoom WIKI for details.

esselfortium said:

In ZDoom-based ports, it's done by applying special 9: Line_Horizon to the surrounding walls that you want the horizon to be drawn onto.

And Eternity has the Horizon portal. My way of doing it was to place them on the ceiling of a control sector, then I copied that portal into the walls. If by now there's a quicker way, please let me know.