Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
dudeman

how to beat chosen final snake boss

I have searched but not found any thread that explains how to beat the snake boss in the Egyptian TC Chosen. How do you do it? I've read that it involves environment interactivity, but nothing appears to be usable, nothing appears to be affected by my weapons (not even the Scarab staff they keep giving me ammo for), the snake gets pushed back by the lighting staff but won't fall into the lava, taking him across the bridges over lava does nothing, winding his tail around pillars does nothing... I'm drawing a blank here. Can someone spell out what I'm supposed to do?

Just beat it for the first time, pretty awesome TC ... notice the dark patch in the middle? it comes back up each time the snake gets out of the lava. Hint enough? ;)

Um... no. I must be retarded. The snake never goes in the lava. I can push it back a little with the lightning staff, but it won't go over the edge of the lava pit. Dark spot in the middle of what? I'm not looking for a hint, I think I need a total, shameless SPOILER.

Ok then, maybe you aren't in the final battle.

So, phase 1:

Spoiler

wait until he attacks you and shoot him a ton. If you can get him stuck near the edge of one of the ledges with an enemy between you and it, it's pretty easy to kill him with the bow and arrow

Phase 2:
Spoiler

There are 8 ramps going down from the main room. Go down each side and destroy the four pillars. You'll notice the lava rises in the main room as the out-flowing channels become blocked. This is important to notice for the next phase

Phase 3:
Spoiler

The final stage, and it's really easy if you can figure out wth you need to do. Just guide the snake onto the dark brown rock in the center of the lava, I think 1 time for each increasing level of difficulty (I chose hard, 4th difficulty, took 4 times), the rock will submerge and the snake will take a hit and roar. Lead him off the lava and floating rocks and back onto the dark patch again. I found it worked better to lead him in a clockwise manner as it's easier to lure him onto the patch from the right pillar when he's past the left, oriented from when you start the 'fight'.

So yeah, it took a bit of figuring out, but he's not that hard to beat, at least on hard. Have yet to play on very hard, heh. Maybe lilwhitemouse added a step or removed some helpful things to make it harder, idk. Well GL in your snake slaying ;)

Thanks a lot, I followed your phase 2 spoiler, and the rest was easy.

Spoiler

I had tried shooting those pillars a few times, but nothing ever happened. I guess I should have kept doing it over and over.

Cool. I found the script a little cheesy, but hey it's doom.

Spoiler

Yeah the pillars take a lot of damage to down, the texture changes a little to show cracks after like 5 hits, but it's not that noticeable.