Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Posya

texture issue

When I play my wad with zdoom.exe, all the textures are fine, but when I play it in zdaemon, a lot of the wall textures show up with a different texture.

Here's what it looks like...
In zdoom:

In zdaemon:

Does anyone know how to fix this?
Here's a link to my wad.

Your TEXTURE1 lump doesn't include any of the original Doom texture ID's that are defined in the Iwads TEXTURE1 lump.

ZDoom will load multiple TEXTUREx lumps of the same name. Other ports will only load the last one in the load order (i.e the last one in the last wad).

Rename your TEXTURE1 lump as TEXTURE2 (so it doesn't overrule the original IWAD ones) and it should work.

Just a little correction: ZDoom isn't the only port which behaves this way- the Doomsday 1.9.0-betas do this but for a very different purpose (re-categorisation of PWAD copies of IWAD Textures as IWAD).

Vermil said:

Your TEXTURE1 lump doesn't include any of the original Doom texture ID's that are defined in the Iwads TEXTURE1 lump.

ZDoom will load multiple TEXTUREx lumps of the same name. Other ports will only load the last one in the load order (i.e the last one in the last wad).

Rename your TEXTURE1 lump as TEXTURE2 (so it doesn't overrule the original IWAD ones) and it should work.

awesome, i got it working now. thanks for the help! :D