Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I guess you guys might be suprised by this news. but I have recently finished a secret project of mine that I called "The Edge of Time". what is the edge of time about you may ask? read this and be enlightened.
==============================================
It's been 150 years since the events of DOOM2.
The UAC is no more, In it place now lies Galatic Industrial Corperation or the GIC as it is called.
(Which now owns all of the UAC's fomer assets, Including those boxes and crates that are lying around in all of the UAC's Tech-Bases)

You happpen to be the Chief of Security at the GIC's Hermes Scientific Research Colony in a recently terraformed Venus.
(The Climate on Venus is tropical all of the time and has vegetation to match, The only exceptions to this would be the Poles 'cause they would have a European climate and the planetary belt 'cause it would be an arid and dry desert).

One day, You where off duty and taking a short stroll through the boardwalks that happen to be in the swampy parts of the Taggard Rainforest. Meanwhile, The Scientists where in the middle of testing their first teleporter when suddently a large enitity came through the newly created Portal. The alarm was sounded and a message was sent to all security officers detailing the situation. According to the message Not only has hell broken loose, But the Demons have also managed to reconfigured the Portal as a Time Machine. You soon realize the dark inplications that this could have for History! Now, Your mission is to reach the new Anomoly and stop the Demons from rewriting History!
=================================================

But enough of the chit-chat. here a video demonstratimg some gameplay.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caJjqs_1SrI

and for those of you guys who may be interested in play this mod. here is the link.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/tjezuzyd03z/TEOT.zip
(Yeah I know it has a cliffhanger ending so what?)

This looks sick as hell, I'm going to try it now. I noticed a little bit of jumping in the video though, is jumping a necessity in this one?

Played it through. First few maps didn't interest me, but after that it was pretty fun. Generally, I'd suggest you make the interval between doors opening and closing a LOT longer, as it lead to tons of door-fighting, especially in areas like the yellow key door of map9, which would have been fine in the door just stayed open. Otherwise, the simple architecture didn't detract from the textures used. Good job.

I played up to map 7 or 8 so far, and it's pretty fun. Ammo and health are slightly abundant, but still fun none the less. I've noticed a Megasphere in an earlier level that is in a secret which is pretty much plainly out there. Maybe you could make it a Soulsphere because it's easy to find? Or perhaps put an enemy or two there so that it's not just a give-away.

Judging from the story, why not make it so that your actions in the past-levels have an effect on what happens in the present-levels and maybe have multiple endings depending on how much you mess up the present in the past? (In the next one, because of the cliffhanger ending.)

EDIT: I just watched the video; you have a hell of a lot of talent for mapping! And that shotgun is best one I've ever seen!

THE WHO?!

I am SO on this.

BTW, I am having a blast playing this wad!

The first map in the rooms with the beds, if you're curious like me, I jumped behind the bed to the left and got stuck (where that slanted wall is facing).

And I can't figure out how to get to this stupid door in map 07. You probably know what I'm talking about. Grrr.

Any hints?

Otherwise, it's been a blast! You baited me with cool music and hooked me with fun game play.

P.S. This is the first wad in ages that has truly been able to make me cringe. I have Spheksophobia :,(

P.S.S Nevermind about the door, I'm an imbecile.

Well,judging from the trailer,the level looks fine.However,there are a lot of things out of place here...so,let's start:

1)new monsters:when using new monsters in a wad (or any monsters),you have to think about their role.What the monsters do.The new monsters aren't really necesary in the first level,and they just seem thrown in for the sake of whatever.Placing shotgun guys instead of rapid fire zombies would be better.The dark imp doesn't really fit.I'ts called dark imp,so it works much better in dark and atmospheric levels.Also,the blood demon would be better used in a bloody atmosphere,with guts everywhere and stuff like that.Try using new monsters only when nececary,don't throw them in there without thinking.

2)The music.It seemed too happy for a doom level.I certainly hope that the music gets more dark and atmospheric as you advance in the levels.

3)The new sprites and sounds.These were out of place completely.There is no reason why you would want to use those.The new sounds are quite bad and I don't like the sprites at all either.I recommend releasing it as a separate sprite collection on DW,but not forcing the player to use them.

I...might check it out,but I'm not sure.Also,is crouching allowed?

I respectfully disagree! I thought the monsters, textures and music fit well. Are you just being a harsh critic, or did you really think the monsters and such out of place?

I thought over all the map was a blast. But maybe it's just because I rarely fully finish a wad due to time restraints or my lack of skills.

Well...I might be wrong,as I didn't really play it.I will give it a go.I respect both the classic and the newschool wads,but the new monsters didn't feel needed in that map for me.And yes,maybe i have been a bit harsh.However,there are people who like the old way.The monsters might work,but forcing the player to use new sprites for weapons is a bad idea in my opinion.He can release the new weapon sprites in another wad though,so the player can choose to use them or not.

I loved the music, because it fit the rather silly nature of the wad. I've only played up to the secret level so far, but it's been great fun. The new monsters and weapons I like, and the sprites fit doom a lot more than other weapon replacement sprites tended to. The Rise of the Triad pistol replacement seemed a little odd, but the new shotgun was great.

I found this quite fun, if a bit flawed in places - doors definitely need a longer delay before closing, too much free stuff (particularly megaspheres), many maps were too dark in places and the secret map takes you back to the archie map instead of the one after.

Aside from that it was fun...the new monsters and weapons worked fine (don't be put off by the critics, they don't like seeing anything new in gameplay) the atmosphere felt good and was challenging in places too. Personally I think each map was too short (considering the setting and all the new stuff) and didn't really have enough enemies (considering the weapons are more powerful than usual) but a good wad anyhow.

killer2 said:

1)new monsters:when using new monsters in a wad (or any monsters),you have to think about their role.What the monsters do.The new monsters aren't really necesary in the first level,and they just seem thrown in for the sake of whatever.Placing shotgun guys instead of rapid fire zombies would be better.The dark imp doesn't really fit.I'ts called dark imp,so it works much better in dark and atmospheric levels.Also,the blood demon would be better used in a bloody atmosphere,with guts everywhere and stuff like that.Try using new monsters only when nececary,don't throw them in there without thinking.

They're not used in any way different from the stock monsters...oh but those can't be criticised can they.

killer2 said:

forcing the player to use new sprites for weapons is a bad idea in my opinion.

The weapons themselves are different too.