Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr. Freeze

ridin spinnas (post your rides)

MY FIRST CAR:

(Not my picture, but exact same make and color)

1995 Pontiac Bonneville. Not too old, but feels it. Various electrical switches are rusting and screwing up, the brake rotors need machining, and the exhaust shield is rotting away. Also, rust is forming on the wheel wells.

MY CURRENT CAR:

See above

MY DREAM CAR:

Real:

If you (like me) saw Smokey and the Bandit when you were a kid, you saw this car in action. If the concept of Perfection had a vehicle form, it would be this.

Fantasy:

Sweet Tooth's ice cream truck from Twisted Metal. Who wouldn't want a car that transformed into a rocket-launching mech?

Your turn.

wow...I had a 95 boneville last summer. Transmission was fucked, I had to drive it like a standard...go down into first, go really slow so it doesn't slip out, barely make it to 10mph and you can switch to 2nd, then you're golden!

magicsofa said:

wow...I had a 95 boneville last summer. Transmission was fucked, I had to drive it like a standard...go down into first, go really slow so it doesn't slip out, barely make it to 10mph and you can switch to 2nd, then you're golden!

Sounds like an accident waiting to happen.

Whoo said:

I be ridin' down the streets with this.

must be gettin all kinds a pussy with that

My first car was this (although it was teal). My sister needed a vehicle, so I gave it to her and got this from an older uncle. I loved my Granada; it was such a smooth riding vehicle and relatively easy to drive given it's size (although it was a huge bitch to park the few months the power steering went out). About 2-3 years ago, a deer ran into the Granada and totaled it. And I was very sad. Thankfully I had it fully insured. So with the money I got from them, I bought one of these at a dealer auction for about $2000. It's my current vehicle and it gets the job done.

My dream vehicle is definitely the DeLorean. I don't know why, but I've always loved the way those cars looked. And I guess the fancy doors are kinda neat too :P

Hahahaha! My family had a nearly identical '75 Grenada. I forget what its fate was. I suspect it was sold for a princely sum (something like $200).

I take the bus. Due to circumstances fit for an episode of House I will always take the bus. That makes my dream transportation something like Tokyo's trains. Those are infinitely better than the bus, even though they insist on stopping all the trains at midnight.

My father at a dragstrip somewhere in Ohio. I still have this car.
1959 Ford Ranchero with a '64 FE 390 PI block.

My '70 Pontiac LeMans at National Trail Raceway.

I'm with you on the "Dream Car", Mr. Freeze. I had a '78 Formula that I initially bought as a drag-car project that never came to fruition. Drove it very little before selling it. :( Wish I could have that one back. Any of those '77/'78 Firebird 400 cars are second in my book only to the '87 Grand National.

EDIT: pic links removed

Haven't we had this thread before?

My first car was a 1980 BMW 318i. It had upgraded suspension, a rare factory Alpina spoiler, and was really nice to drive. Despite having 330,000km on the clock it would still chop Mitsubishi Lancers whilst going up a hill. I need to find my old photos of this thing, but it looked like this:

After living with costs of maintaining a Euro car, I wanted something a little cheaper. I bought a 1975 Toyota Corolla off a bloke for $250 and fixed it up myself. I drove this around for a while and learnt about building cars. I eventually sold it to a mate who put in a modern engine, rollcage, coilover suspension, racing seats, rally computer, etc etc and uses it for amateur motor racing. It was a baby-poo yellow dunger when I owned it, but it looks like this today:

I was a big Old Corolla fan at this point. I used to co-admin both of the big Corolla discussion sites on the net and had written an FAQ which was quite well-known as a good source of info on those cars.

At this point I got the 1972 Toyota Corolla I'd always wanted, minus engine and gearbox. I put alot of time and effort into this car: built a 1300cc engine myself which was producing about double the stock power, it would rev off the 8000rpm tacho and could keep up with modern 2L cars until about 200km/h. I got some ex-rally suspension off a friend who had the same model racecar. Little mags, sticky tyres, upgraded brakes, extremely noisy (120dB) exhaust. I used to do small-track hillclimb racing in it. I'm pretty sure I've shared these pictures here before:

That last photo was taken at a Toyota enthusiast day where I showed the car, finally happy with how I'd gotten it. I was driving home that night at about 2am and my hand slipped whilst going around a sharp corner at 40km/h. Always drive with two hands on the wheels kids. By the time I'd caught it, I was across the road and on course for a tree:

After that I wasn't really fussed on cars. I owned an extremely low-mileage 94 Toyota Hilux for a while, intending to do the mini-truck thing and lower it with the big wheels but the ride quality was so shit I couldn't stand to drive it.

I bought a stock 94 Toyota Corolla which had nice things like EFI, tinted windows, aircon and power steering and have been driving that for a few years, paying mechanics to service it and generally not worrying about it. It's for sale now. Here's a Google Image result:

(double post as the forum thinks I have too many images)

Just this weekend I picked up my latest car, a 1986 Mazda RX7 Turbo. I always classed these things as a "dream car" which I'd never have, but I'm doing quite well for myself these days and decided buying a house could wait a little longer. It's got a lightly ported motor, bigger exhaust, bigger fuel system and Haltech computer so it goes pretty well. It's got very low mileage and the last owner was an old bloke (ex racing driver himself) who has really looked after it. It's the top trim model so it's got power everything, leather interior, in-cabin adjustable suspension and all that. It's quite honestly like a new one.

I'm still getting used to driving it, I've never owned a turbo car before (and only driven one once) so I'm being very careful until I get used to it. It's nice to drive and can be pretty fucking fast when it wants to be. I'm yet to take any photos of it, but here are the ones from the trading post website I bought it off:

I am pretty happy with it :)

I used to drive this for a couple of years, after we got a newer Fiat Brava. It wasn't bad when the 4th cylinder kicked in.

Don't have actual pictures of my cars, but...

Here's my first car. I was a bit sad to let it go, but I couldn't really afford the gas anymore.

Here's what I'm driving now. Mine actually has a lot more dents and has a layer of dirt on it, but you get the idea.

My dream cars are the DeLorean and anything by Aston Martin.

I don't currently have a pic of my car on my computer. But, my current car is a 04 Subaru WRX STI. Here a picture of one:

The only big difference is the paint. I took a 4 shades of red and a bit of black paint to make a really deep red color. Think dark red blood.

The closest matching color I can find is the deep red in the sploth of blood on the right.

As for my dream car, its a tie between the 1969 GTO Judge or a 1964.5 Mustang. I would take either one in black.

Like Aliotroph I'm not driving at the mo, but as far as pie-in-the-sky/dream cars go, there's only one for me:

The Renault Espace F1!

Apologies, just an excuse to post that pic, tbh