Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HLTV Proxy

HLTV Proxy's Deathmatch

Hello Doomworld Community!

I'm new here and I thought I'd release my first map.

It's only one map, and it's mostly about choice. It uses 3D bridges and some dynamic lighting and various other effects.

It's for Skulltag and has only been tested in skulltag.

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?zznvdmm5qgy

I am open to criticism, if there is something you like/dislike, I would like to hear about it. I always have room for improvement, so if you have any advice on how I can make my levels better, feel free to let me know.

Note: Jumping is needed, crouching may be needed and maybe freelook, it also requires OpenGL.

Hi, one of the bridges is damaged, but other than that it is great! But: please create single player levels, because there are enough multiplayer wads online. We only need more great single player levels :-P!

HLTV Proxy said:

my first map.

It uses 3D bridges and some dynamic lighting and various other effects.

It's for Skulltag and has only been tested in skulltag.

Jumping is needed, crouching may be needed and maybe freelook, it also requires OpenGL.

This is why I haven't bothered to download it.

@Deeforce: The bridge is damaged for a reason, I made it that way, so it's not overly easy to just run to the upgrade place.

I tried to give it the look as if it was still being constructed, which is why you need to jump over to the other part of the bridge. And yes, I'll do my best to make a single player map for you guys to enjoy. I just thought I'd make a deathmatch map first and see what you guys think of it.

@40oz: I appreciate the reply, however, since you made the effort to reply, then I'm going to ask you to make the effort to actually try it, before just dismissing it.

According to the comments I've received over at Skulltag and the comment before yours, it isn't actually too bad.

But it's your choice.

If you don't have Skulltag, then don't worry about it.

Decided to take a peek at it to offer my opinions about this map.
For your first DM map its decent however there is two things that bother me:

1. Each player starts in a room with 4 weapons: SSG, Chaingun, Rocket Launcher and plasma gun. Grant it you can only grab one weapon before exiting the room but chances are most people would just chose the SSG or Plasma gun(well at least I would :P)

2. Walking on those bridges makes you an easy target.

Besides those silly complaints of mine its not a bad map so keep mapping. In fact I'm curious to see what kind of single player map you might make(well if you ever make one that is).

Run the map again, and this time, crouch into one of the white lights in that small door frame behind you when you spawn.

The chaingun can be used for sniping purposes, it's very accurate if you don't hold down the fire button.

I guess the rocket launcher is just a filler weapon, but it has splash damage and if it hits, it's very damaging.

I guess I could have put some high pieces of land coming out of the lava to provide cover at certain angles. (Why didn't I think of that? -.- )

And yes, I will bring out a single player map. I have the spawn room completed so far, and I'm still thinking of how to approach the administration room.

I'll make another thread after I upload my screenshots.