Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DoomUK

Doomworld techstep/darkstep/breakbeat/neurofunk thread

Because, why not?

My tastes in music have a tendency to be somewhat sporadic. But I enjoy listening to this style(s) of music when I'm working on my computer.

Pardon my ignorance, but I've never heard of any of these genres, heh. Not bad though. Sounds like a sort of minimalist '90s Jungle. I should start listening to more electronic stuff again.

I actually prefer coding while listening to chiptunes. The pure, electronic sounds breed themselves into highly optimized code in my head.

DooMAD said:

Pardon my ignorance, but I've never heard of any of these genres, heh. Not bad though. Sounds like a sort of minimalist '90s Jungle. I should start listening to more electronic stuff again.

Drun'n'bass evolved from jungle in the 90's and has been evolving ever since, with lots of sub-genres appearing over time.

The Ultimate DooMer said:

Drun'n'bass evolved from jungle in the 90's and has been evolving ever since, with lots of sub-genres appearing over time.

But is there a Black Death Christian Nekrotechno funk genre?

While I have a particular liking for these genres (especially good old drum n bass), I can not quite grasp what separates them. They all sound similar yet have slightly different names for their genres - that's something that just kinda bothers me.

Oh, here's something enjoyable I stumbled upon recently, which I guess is sort of in the realm of what I hear:

Dude, you should totally add the word "progressive" in front of all those. They'll be, like, 30 times more legitimate.

Heh, I've never listened to any of these. I think the closest I get to that is DJ Hive (aka Hive).

At last! An excuse to post some of the shit I listen to:

Some DnB:

and some PURE EVIL!!

Here's some breakbeat.

Don't have anything for the other three, since they are all sub-genres of d'n'b and I'm not a big d'n'b fan. (besides, I couldn't tell the difference between them anyway; like Belial, d'n'b is d'n'b to me :p )

I must be hungry. When I looked at the title I saw 'techstep/darkstep/breakfast/neurofunk'.

I'd listen to some if I didn't already have symphony x on pandora playing ...