Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nintendude01

Hidden Lumps

Alright, so my friend sent me this wad, and he says there are some commands i should use in doom to get myself a secret/locked weapon. The thing is, i cant seem to find the files hes talking about. Is there anyway i can see them? Will provide pictures if desired.

Might be a custom weapon in the wad and/or your friend expects you to play it with a particular source port - can't be much more specific without seeing the wad. What files did your friend mention?

Well, it is a custom weapon. When i opened it, i paid attention to the console and what was going on with it. Theres supposedly a wad in the pk3 file but its hidden in XWE. I opened it in SlumpeD a different wad editor, and i found it. I saved the wad that was in there and when i tried opening that with either SlumpeD or XWE, It said it was an invalid wad file. I will send the wad file if this doesnt tell enough.

A weapon for ZDoom/Skulltag I presume. There's several possible reasons for the wad being rejected as invalid, if you can post it to a download site somewhere I might be able to figure out what's wrong.

7-Zip extracted the wad in readable form. There's a bunch of player-class and weapon scripts but nothing to tie them together and only a set of bat sprites. One or more of the weapon scripts might use Skulltag sprites, I'll check that out and report back later.

How do i use 7-zip to help with this? I'll try aswell. Also, 7-zip has something to do with it. I overheard the person who made it and someone else talking about it and the mentioned 7-zip. Also, he said he might enforce a new lock which has a whole bunch of obstacles.