• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
gemini09

Problem

Hi folks, and CodeImp.

First off, thanks for DB2.

Now to the question, I've encountered a small issue.

I have made a gigantic square sector that stretches about 10,000 units in each direction, and inside this square sector are many other sectors - all made up of 2 sided linedefs. The sectors inside add up to about 2,000, and the linedef count may be around 12,000.

When I create new sectors inside this large sector, they are created with single-sided linedefs, instead of 2-sided as they should be when creating sectors inside a sector.

The problem arose a while ago and I worked around it because I was finishing up the map, but I've decided to continue for a little longer, and so, I'm wondering if there is a remedy to this problem, or if I have to manually just edit the linedefs that make up the new sector I create, and assign a second sidedef accompanied by the outer sector's sector number.

I actually doubt there is a fix to it right now, so here's a heads-up on bug reports, at least.

Great editor, and the 3D view is really appreciated. I would like the view distance to be much longer, however. I think I've maxed the view distance and I don't see a point in it being limited by software rather than hardware, but it could have a technical reason I'm not aware of.

Vaya con dios.

Make sure you're not holding the Ctrl key when drawing the first vertex, that will create 1-sided lines. If that's not the reason I can just guess that DB2 somehow fails to recognize that you're drawing inside of an existing sector. Can you provide a link to the wad?

Are you sure you didn't delete the outside sector by accident or something? Are these 1-sided sectors broken, or not? Is it really necessary to build your level in one huge 10000 unit box? Probably not.

It just happens on a certain sector that covers most of the square landscape. There may be a problem with that sector; a line somewhere that isn't properly connected with another line, or something.

Kudos on the rhetorical questions, Magicsofa :) lol...

http://yfrog.com/0vdec27maproblemj

here's a screenshot - mouse pointer is missing, but it was pointing in the highlighted sector, and the square sector with the impassable lines (furthest down) is what i got when i drew a new sector - it's missing the 2nd sidedefs.

Did you run the map checks (F4 I think)? Do those sectors have a black/very dark floor texture? If no floor texture is shown at all it's likely that the sectors aren't closed. But it's impossible to tell from a screenshot.

I've run the error checker many times but haven't seen anything regarding this.

Thanks for your efforts but I think CodeImp might be best suited to figure this out.

I will do some mapping later on, and examine the sector thoroughly to check for errors...

Sorry about the screenshot, but I'd rather not send the files around - it's a peculiarity of mine... :)

Thanks anyhow. I'll report back if I find anything...

The black surface is a black texture, BTW, so it's not that.