Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Devalaous

Doom II XBLA Now Released!

Downloaded the trial just now with my jap acount.

If I had japanese points,I would own the game right now.

The pricing will be 800 points, just like Doom was.

The music is slowed down, and the gameplay MIGHT be a bit slower, but since ive been playing Wolfenstein 3D all night, I might just be a little off balance. Other than the music it seems a pretty solid port.

EDIT: Its now out for the rest of the world

To save the planet, shotgun in hand, throw it out of the abyss to give us a daemon cruel victimization. New episodes will be two levels 9 No Rest for the Living of the extra, Xbox LIVE Multiplayer with up to four people can be. DOOM II on XBLA for Xbox LIVE play is through cooperation, game clip, 5.1 surround sound, HD picture quality has been added. The refund will be accepted. For more information, xbox.com / live / accounts please refer to.

Go go Google Translator!

I took a few pictures, in case anyone's interested:

This is the beginning of Earth Base, the first level of No Rest for the Living. I didn't play it past this, because I want to save it for the full game when I can get it.

Intermission screen hasnt changed from the earlier video, thankfully.

Looks like the achievements really are Doom comic orientated :D

Ragnor said:

Looks like the achievements really are Doom comic orientated :D

And then CYBIE.WAD loaded....

When the girl I play Doom with complained about that achievement, I just told her to think of that wad ;]

Clonehunter said:

Damn XBL. MORE PSN!! NOW!!

They might not be in a hurry to release Doom on PSN since you can already play Doom, Doom 2, Final Doom, Master levels, and Hexen on the Playstation 3 (I suppose that argument doesn't really hold up since they have released Xbox versions of Doom before). Though it would be nice to see that extra episode on another platform other than the 360.

You Have Huge Guts achievement

So, err, doesn't this mean that the player has huge guts if he gets this? Isn't that a bit backwards? :P This should be awarded for being berserk tysoned in deathmatch.

Those screenshots look pretty sexy. It's relieving to know that these maps are being made by a team of game developers and not some random nobody that popped up in the doom community. I anxiously await PC rips.

Ragnor said:

Oh hell no, how did they mess up the Marine suit that bad? Still, I'll be wearing it to represent one of the greatest games ever made.

You can hardly blame them. All Xbox360 avatar stuff need to abide to size restrictions to prevent issues they could have when showing up in games or other things that use avatars for whatever reason. (It's not the case that they couldn't make it any bigger, but rather they are not allowed to.)

Jodwin said:

doesn't this mean that the player has huge guts if he gets this?

no, it means that the player has the god-given right to yell it out any time he is punching stuff

Jodwin said:

So, err, doesn't this mean that the player has huge guts if he gets this? Isn't that a bit backwards? :P This should be awarded for being berserk tysoned in deathmatch.

It means you achieved punching a cybie to death and nothing more.

I can't wait to find out what the new maps are like. I actually might buy this on XBL since the idea of a new episode after all this time is like seeing Elvis come back to perform a live concert!

EDIT: Can you imagine how much money they could have been making all these years? Releasing a new 9-map episode like this every year or every 6 months for something like 200-400 points? Members of Doomworld can produce a fully playable map in 2 hours, now imagine if we could get paid and had a 6-month deadline! They'd be inundated with about 50,000 wads per year!!

EDIT 2: Is anyone remotely worried that the new official mapper will suck compared to Doom Community champions, and that the new maps will be 1994 standard in order to fit in with the original Hell On Earth maps?

They'd be sell-outs and I, in addition to everyone in the video game industry would hate them for it.

40oz said:

It means you achieved punching a cybie to death and nothing more.

Yeah, but they should have added quotes to those achievemant name, instead without quotes it looks like the game is yelling at the player. :P

40oz said:

They'd be sell-outs and I, in addition to everyone in the video game industry would hate them for it.

Is there a free way of releasing WADs for Xbox Doom?

EvilNed said:

Is there a free way of releasing WADs for Xbox Doom?

Why da fuck would you want to make wads for an inferior platform? I'd like to be playing the new Doom 2 episode on Zdoom.

Technician said:

Why da fuck would you want to make wads for an inferior platform? I'd like to be playing the new Doom 2 episode on Zdoom.

(Or in 320x200 on Choco doom, or in Dosbox vanilla doom (is the Xbox live Doom port vanilla-limited?)).

But in reality, I might want to financially support the developers of the port and new episode. I guess it's debatable whether they deserve it (them not being 16 year Doomers), or if the quality of the maps is high enough, but it is neat to have brand-new "official" maps.

I need an Xbox 360 though (I wanted to get one back in my 2007 Halo phase).

My brother just played the trial and says Earth Base is a really cool level that "reminded him of the original but was different"

I heard Message for the Archvile playing, so it reuses old music.

Also, apparently the demos on the start screen update with your own performances. At least according to my brother, I'll have to test this.

40oz said:

boohoo waaa waaaaaa... I bet if someone offered you the chance to be paid for making Doom maps, you would jump at it.

No Rest For the Living level names:

Level 1 The Earth Base
Level 2 The Pain Labs
Level 3 Canyon Of The Dead
Level 4 Hell Mountain
Level 5 Vivisection
Level 6 Inferno Of Blood
Level 7 Baron's Banquet
Level 8 Tomb Of Malevolence
Level 9 March Of Thee Demons

Technician said:

Other's might not consider it inferior.